Tuition Fee Waivers & Scholarships for International Scholars at Roskilde University, Denmark
Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
A limited number of Danish state tuition fee waivers and scholarships are offered to highly talented students at graduate level, who come from countries outside of the EU/EEA and need a residence permit to study at Roskilde University.
The tuition fee waiver and scholarship has a maximum length of 22 months for programmes that start in September and a maximum length of 24 months for programmes that start in February.
Scholarship holders will receive approximately DKK 7,800 per month to cover living expenses in Denmark.
In order to be eligible for a tuition fee waiver and scholarship you must be:
- A graduate applicant who is required to pay a tuition fee at the university.
- A graduate applicant holding a bachelor degree from Roskilde University or a graduate applicant from other universities.
Roskilde University gives priority to applicants who have shown an excellent academic performance.
Tuition fee waiver students must follow the study plan and not be delayed in their studies in order to maintain the tuition waiver.
You are not eligible for a tuition fee waiver and scholarship if you are:
- An exchange student including an Erasmus Mundus student.
- A student who is entitled to the Danish State Education Grant (SU) or other public support in Denmark. Please note that it is not possible to choose not to receive SU in order to receive a tuition fee waiver.
- A student who receives a scholarship from their home country.
Application procedure for a tuition fee waiver and scholarship
If you wish to be considered for a tuition fee waiver/scholarship, you must send a motivational letter and CV) outlining your academic and occupational background.
Applicants for the master programmes who do not hold a bachelor degree from Roskilde University must enclose the above-mentioned documentation with their application for admission. You must apply for admission no later than March 15 for the September entry and September 15 for the February entry.
Students who obtain their bachelor’s degree at Roskilde University and continue directly to their master studies must send the above-mentioned documentation to email@example.com no later than March 15 for the September entry and September 15 for the February entry.