VU Spring 2015 Mid Term Exams: Request for Paper(s) Rescheduling on or before 01-Jul-2015
- A student may request for re-scheduling of missed examination paper(s) on payment of the prescribed fee (Rs.2000/paper and $100/paper for Overseas).
- Only missed papers will be considered for rescheduling.
- The re-schedule chance will be provided one time only as per the given schedule. No further re-scheduling of the same paper will be allowed.
- The decision of the University about re-scheduling i.e. city/center/date/time shall be final.
- The rescheduling request(s) must be sent from VU email to email@example.com later than 01-Jul-2015. Late requests will not be entertained.
- The rescheduling fee will be payable before the announcement of result. Otherwise the result will be blocked.
Please note that rescheduled paper(s) will be conducted on Friday, July 3, 2015 and you will be informed about the schedule/date/time/center of your paper(s) on your VU email.
ENG301 – Business Communication Assignment No. 3 Solution and Discussion Spring 2014 of Virtual University (VU)
1. You purchase a stylish calculator watch, Model C469, which has a musical alarm that you really like. The watch comes with a warranty that guarantees material and workmanship for one year. After six months of use, the musical alarm quits working. You have your original sales receipt and the warranty. Write a claim letter to the company manager, to mail it with the watch, requesting that it should either be repaired or replaced. The manufacturer of the watch is Pakistan Watch works Limited, 111 Hill Street, Liaquat Town, Lahore. (Note: Students are required to follow full block format of letter writing.) 10
Q2. Read the situation given below which represents Win-Win Negotiation Strategy. Convert this negotiation into lose – lose strategy. 5
Spouse A: I didn’t cook anything tonight. I thought we would go out.
Spouse B: I’m exhausted. We had a terrible day today, and I have to be in the office early tomorrow to continue this program review we are doing.
Spouse A: It’s the same old story. Always exhausted. Always busy.
Spouse B: You’re right. We need more fun. But tomorrow really is important. Just give me a break this one time, and we will go out Saturday, and do that more often; any Saturday you want.
Spouse A: That sounds like a deal.