VU MS(CS) Fall 2014 Course Selection
All MS(CS) students are required to select courses for Fall 2014 semester from the following list of offered courses and email their selected courses at email@example.com till November 05, 2014. Students may add/drop course(s) on or before November 12, 2014.
|Fall 2014 Semester Courses|
|Course Code||Course Title||Pre-requisite||Credit Hours||Specialization|
|CS701||Theory of Computation||CS402
|CS702||Advanced Algorithms Analysis and Design||CS301
|CS710||Mobile and Pervasive Computing||CS610||3||Computer Networks|
|CS718||Wireless Networks||CS610||3||Computer Networks|
|CS723||Probability and Stochastic Process||MTH101
|CS706||Software Quality Assurance||CS504||3||Software Engineering|
|CS709||Formal Methods for Software Engineering||CS504
|CS713||Object Oriented DBMS||CS403
- In order to fulfill MS(CS) degree requirements, a student is required to pass all the four core/requisite courses, at least three courses from his/her selected area of specialization, and
- With-thesis option: complete his/her research thesis (six credit hours) and possibly one course from any specialization area.
- Course-work-only option: remaining courses from any specialization area(s).
- A student can enroll in an MS level course only if he/she has passed all pre-requisites for that particular course.
- The credit hour limits are as below:
- For each of the first three semesters, maximum three MS level courses (nine credit hours) are allowed.
- For the fourth and any subsequent semester(s), maximum four MS level courses (12 credit hours) are allowed.
iii. There is no limit on the maximum pre-requisite courses in a semester.
- A student may attempt to improve a ‘C’ or ‘D’ grade in a course at most once.
- A student is eligible for the merit list of thesis if he/she has completed seven MS level courses (21 credit hours) with CGPA ≥ 2.75.