London South Bank University (LSBU) Vice-Chancellor Scholarships For International Students
London South Bank University (LSBU) Vice-Chancellor Scholarships for International Students
At London South Bank University (LSBU) we understand how important a postgraduate degree is to career progression and professional fulfilment. The Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship programme has £48,000 to offer in a range of awards creating opportunities for a variety of postgraduate students. The programme is made possible by donations to the University’s Annual Fund from alumni and other supporters.
All Home, EU or International students who have firmly accepted their unconditional or conditional offer of a place to study on a postgraduate programme at LSBU are invited to apply for a scholarship in up to three of the following categories. Their application will be assessed and, if successful, the student will receive one award. Only one application is allowed.
- Excellence Award – full fee waiver for any postgraduate programme at LSBU, plus a £1,000 bursary
- Minimum selection criteria: you will have achieved first-class honours in an undergraduate degree from any UK university (or international equivalent) and can show evidence of key academic, professional and practical achievements. Achievements should be at national or international level and demonstrate local impact.
- Equity Award – £1,000 cash award bursary with an additional £1,000 awarded on graduating with ‘Merit’ in your postgraduate programme at LSBU
- Minimum selection criteria: you will have achieved a minimum 2.1 in an undergraduate degree from any university and can show evidence of key extra-curricular or entrepreneurial activities.
- Alumni Award – £1,000 cash award bursary
- Minimum selection criteria: you will hold a minimum 2.1 in an undergraduate degree from LSBU and can show evidence of key achievements in extra-curricular activities.
- Research Award – £1,000 cash award bursary
- Minimum selection criteria: presented to those starting an MPhil, PhD or Professional Doctorate programme at LSBU.
- Community Award – £1,000 cash award bursary
- Minimum selection criteria: you will hold a minimum 2.2 in an undergraduate degree from any university and can evidence of your significant contribution to the local community of Lambeth, Southwark or Lewisham, i.e. involvement in specific community projects, volunteering and other civic engagement.
How to apply
You will be invited to apply online via email after you firmly accept your unconditional or conditional offer to study at LSBU. We recommend you apply for your place at LSBU as soon as possible to ensure you have been made an offer by the scholarship deadline of 28 June, 2014.
When you apply for a Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship, you will be able to nominate three of the above categories that you would like to be considered for. Your application requires you to create a personal statement. If your application is shortlisted, you will then be invited to attend an interview with a panel of LSBU staff. Please note that the details above specify the minimum selection criteria only – all applications received will undergo a rigorous selection process based on your personal statement and eligibility.
Please download the Terms and Conditions (PDF File 70 KB) before applying.
Compiling your personal statement
The best personal statements provide examples of your achievements using the ‘S.T.A.R.’ structure:
- Situation: begin by describing the situation
- Task: describe the task or goal you needed to achieve
- Action: specify the actions you took to get the task done or achieve the goal
- Result: Provide proof of the success that your actions led to
If you have any questions about the process firstname.lastname@example.org