Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria for Undergraduates, Graduates and Postgraduates
|Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria for Undergraduates, Graduates and Postgraduates|
|| Country of origin |||all (except Austria)|
|| Target Country |||Austria|
|| Area of study or research |||Natural Sciences
Agriculture and Forestry, Veterinary Medicine
Social Sciences, Law and Economics
Humanities and Theology
|| Type of grant |||grants, research promotion|
|| Detailed type of grant |||research grants|
|| Funding |||national|
|| Target Group |||undergraduates
|| Authority awarding grant |||Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria|
|| Duration |||max. 4 months|
|| Quota |||max. 100 scholarships; the quota depends on the budget|
|| Grant benefit paid |||1) monthly scholarship instalment:
for doctoral students: € 1040.–
for students enrolled in a master or diploma programme: € 940
2) accident and health insurance, accommodation
a) If necessary, the OeAD (Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research) will effect an accident and health insurance.
b) The OeAD provides scholarship holders with accommodation (student dormitory or apartment). Monthly costs: € 220 to € 470 (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of € 18.— per month to the OeAD for the provision of accommodation. The costs for insurance and accommodation have to be covered by the scholarship holder from the scholarship.
Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance of up to max. € 500.– in addition to the scholarship.
|| Closing date for applications |||
|| Where to submit your application |||online at www.scholarships.at
An award is only possible once per category. A renewal is not possible!
|| Application form |||online at www.scholarships.at|
|| Advice on how to apply ||
|Research scholarships in 2 categories for students
– who are descendants of forced labourers
– or who come from countries that have exceptionally suffered from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers.
Applicants are not allowed to study/pursue research/pursue acdemic work in Austria at the time of the application.
category 1: research scholarships for diploma or master theses
All scholarships are based on competition. This means that even when all scholarship requirements are met there is no legal claim to a scholarship. Am award is only possible once per category, a renewal is not possible.
Applicants wishing to apply for admission at an Austrian university have to contact the university they would like to attend directly.
A confirmation of supervision by a supervisor of the chosen Austrian host institution is necessary.
Applications that are incomplete at the time of submission or that do not meet the scholarship requirements will not be taken into consideration! It is not possible to hand in any documents after the deadline.
If a scholarship is awarded due to incorrect data or if there is a case of double financing, the full scholarship will have to be paid back.
ATTENTION: No scholarships are awarded for summer courses, language courses, clinical traineeships or internships..
I Application documents
– Fully completed on-line application form “Application for a Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria” including a CV and a project plan for the study or research stay in Austria which describes what is planned to be done in Austria and which preparatory work has already been completed.
– Two letters of recommendation from teaching staff of the home university which confirm the necessity of the stay in Austria and provide information about the scientific qualification of the applicant as well as about his/her qualification for the stay in Austria. The letters of recommendation have to be scanned as PDF files and attached to the online application.
– Good knowledge of German or English has to be proved, depending on the language in which the project is to be carried out in Austria. The respective certificate of the test in German or English has to be scanned as PDF file and attached to the online application.
– The applicant is required to forward his/her study or research project plan and the two letters of recommendation as well as the form “confirmation of supervision” to the person they would like to become their supervisor. The written confirmation of the supervisor of the Austrian host institution (fully completed and signed on-line form “confirmation of supervision”) has to be scanned as PDF file and attached to the on-line application.
– Without a letter of confirmation of a supervisor of an Austrian institution a scholarship will not be awarded.
– For descendants of forced labourers: processing number or photocopy of the letter of information or other relevant proofs (to be scanned as PDF files and attached to the on-line application).
II Selection criteria
III Application deadline and procedure
The application deadline absolutely needs to be kept and the application has to be submitted ON-LINE by 23.59.59 Central European Time on March 1 / September 1. Applications which are submitted in a different way or after the deadline will not be taken into consideration!
Please bear in mind that you have to fulfill the following requirements:
|| Selection procedure ||
|The OeAD will award the scholarships on behalf of the Scholarship Council.|
|| Further information ||
|For information regarding study and research in Austria see also:
|| Last change |
15.10.2013 made by Heike Kernbauer (OeAD-GmbH/ICM)
|© ÖAD – www.grants.at
This database has been financed by funds of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science and Research (BMWF) and the EU. Despite the fact that all entries have been carefully checked we cannot accept any liability for the correctness, completeness and topicality of the entries.