International Scholarships at Malmö University, Sweden
Malmö University Master’s Scholarships
Malmö University offers talented international students a scholarship which covers between 75 and 100 percent of the tuition fee.
APPLICATION ROUND OPEN
The Malmö University Master’s Scholarship (MUMS) is for students who
are citizens of a country outside the European Economic Area/Switzerland,
have applied for an English-taught Master’s programme at Malmö University through universityadmissions.se, and,
have ranked a programme at Malmö University as first priority in their application for studies.
There are up to 30 scholarships available, each providing a 75 to 100 percent reduction of the programme’s tuition fee. Scholarships will be distributed on a yearly basis and are awarded on academic merit and motivation. Students studying two-year programmes will retain the scholarship if they successfully complete the first year of study and continue to meet the progression criteria.
How are the scholarships funded?
The scholarships are funded by the Swedish Government and are administered locally by Malmö University. All Swedish universities receive scholarship funds from the Government.
Contact and more information
To find out more about Malmö University’s scholarships, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Students Scholarships at Umeå University, Sweden
The application for scholarships is now open! Click on the banner to the right to apply!
Umeå University Scholarships for International Students
Umeå University welcomes talented and high-achieving students from outside the EU/EEA.
Those eligible to apply for these scholarships are:
- students applying for a Master’s degree programme at Umeå University
- students who have Umeå University as priority 1 at universityadmissions.se.
The selections for the scholarships are based entirely on the applicant’s academic merit.
Selected candidates receive a full or partial reduction of the tuition fee.
Scholarships offered by Umeå University
The following scholarships are administered by Umeå University:
Umeå University Scholarship
This is a general scholarship programme offered by Umeå University. Open for students admitted to one of the Master’s study programmes offered.
This scholarship targets students admitted to Master’s in Public Health study programmes at Umeå University.
Umeå School of Business and Economics (USBE) Scholarship
This scholarship targets students who are admitted to one of the 6 Master’s level programmes offered by the Umeå School of Business and Economics.
Scholarships offered by the Swedish Institute
The Swedish Institute, a government agency, administers scholarship programmes each year the cover tuition and cost of living costs for talented students from EU/EEA.
The funding for the academic year 2015/16 is extremely limited and thefore applicants from a few select countries will be considered. More information is available at the Swedish Institute website.
Other Scholarship opportunities
Science Without Borders
Umeå University is a participant of Ciência sem Fronteiras: Science without Borders Brazil Scholarship Programme.
Students from Brazil may apply for scholarship via this programme
Chalmers University of Technology Sweden Avancez Scholarships
Chalmers University of Technology will award a number of scholarships funded by the Chalmers Foundation and these are available to all citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are liable to pay tuition fees for Swedish university education. The exact number of scholarships is yet to be decided by the Chalmers Foundation.
The selection is based on the applicants’ relative academic excellence, which primarily includes weighted average grade but also home university´s stature (including position on global ranking lists) and priority order of the application for Chalmers Master´s programmes.
Fields of Study:
The field(s) of study to which the scholarships will be awarded is determined annually by the University President. For the academic year 2014/15 the field of study is unrestricted, but it will be distributed according to targeted areas of education determined by the university management, based on the total number of applicants per each area of education from previous academic year.
- Citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are required to pay tuition fees for Swedish University education.
- 1st year Master’s Programme applicants
- A 75% reduction of the tuition fees (4 semesters / 2 year programme)
- Students who excel during their first year of studies may receive an increased scholarship reduction, which covers 85% of the tuition fee during the second and final year of studies
- No funds are transferred to the scholarship laureates
Deadline: 15 January 2014
How to apply for Scholarships administered by Chalmers
It is obligatory to submit an application for the selected Master’s programme/s on University Admissions prior to making a scholarship application. Only then will you be able to obtain your individual application number and the priority order (your choice of Master’s programme/s) which must be at hand when starting the online Scholarship application. A personal link to the scholarship application portal will be sent to you via email once you have submitted some key information via the link in section 8.
Note! If you do not have all necessary information at hand to complete all steps of the electronic application form, your scholarship application will not be considered.
- It is necessary to make an application for the selected Master’s programme/s on University Admissions prior to making a scholarship application. Your individual application number and your priority order (your choice of Master’s programme/s) must be at hand when starting the (on-line) Scholarship application.
- Please read the stipulated requirements for each of the scholarships thoroughly before submitting your application.
- You are encouraged to apply for scholarships as soon as possible since this will greatly expedite the assessment process. There is, however, no correlation between how early an application is made and the likelihood of receiving a scholarship, provided that the application has been submitted by 15 January 2013.
- The electronic application form is used only to apply for scholarships awarded by Chalmers.
- The applicant may apply for multiple scholarships provided that the eligibility requirements are fullfilled.
- All submitted data must be verifiable against the required documents received by University Admissions in Sweden (as part of the application procedure for Master’s programmes). The only exception is additional data* required by Chalmers when applying for the Sievert Larsson Scholarship (Thai citizens only).
- Scholarship applicants are encouraged to submit a letter of intent/motivation to the universtiyadmissions.se address for supporting documents That is, the letter of intent submitted as a part of an applicants programme application will also be taken into consideration when assessing scholarship applicants.
Apply for the Master’s programmes separately
- Scholarship applications will only be processed after the corresponding application for Master’s programmes onUniversity Admissions has been completed (incl. the required documentation verifying eligibility).
- The Master’s programmes application fee must have been paid (read more at University Admissions).
- All data entered in the scholarship application form at chalmers.se must be verifiable by the
- required documents received by University Admissions in Sweden (as part of the application procedure for Master’s programmes.
- Only applicants fulfilling the eligibility requirements for the Master´s programmes applied for are considered for a scholarship.