Click And Follow On Google+ To Get Updates
Please Wait 10 Seconds... OR You CanSkip

Recent Posts

Posts Tagged ‘Study in China’

Study in China , Jiangxi Provincial Government Scholarship for International Students

Study in China , Jiangxi Provincial Government Scholarship for International Students

Jiangxi Provincial Government Scholarship for International Students

In order to attract more outstanding international students to come to study in higher education institutions and expand the scale of the international students in Jiangxi Province and enhance Jiangxi’s international reputation, Jiangxi Provincial Government has set up Jiangxi Provincial Government Scholarship for International Students and the quota of the scholarship has already been distributed to each higher education institution including our university.
Here are some guidelines for students applying for this scholarship to follow:

Category of Scholarship

The scholarship is divided into three categories: Type A Scholarship, 25000RMB for each person per year, used to sponsor international students studying for doctoral and master degrees; Type B Scholarship, 20000RMB for each student per year, used to sponsor international students for bachelor’s degree and Type C Scholarship, 6000RMB, used to fund visiting scholars or other foreign students who will study in the university for at least half a year.

Target of Scholarship

According to the stipulations concerning Jiangxi Provincial Government Scholarship for International Students, more than 80% of the quotas of scholarship have to be used to enroll freshmen and less than 20% of the quotas of scholarship can be used for the students who are non new students.

Use of Scholarship

The scholarship is used for students to pay for registration fee, tuition fee, accommodation fee, fee for basic learning materials, fee for internship; and to buy Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme. So when the students in our university get the scholarship, the money will be used to pay for all the fees for the next academic year.

Criteria and Eligibility

Applicants (freshmen) who apply for this Scholarship should have a good academic basis. After the new international students enter Nanchang Hangkong University, the university will organize a math and an English exam to test the applicants’ capability and skills, and the results will be major criteria for determining scholarship awarding and the results of courses you learned in your Secondary School will be referred to.

Application and documents

1).Fill in Application Form for Jiangxi Government Scholarship. You can get the form from the International Students’ Office.
2). Provide the copy of your passport
3). Provide the copy of your health examination
4). Write a Study Plan in China (for freshmen)
5) Provide the copies of notarized highest school graduate certificates or diploma and notarized transcripts
All this documents must be submitted to the International Students’ Office before Sept20th

Selection and publication

The university will form an assessment group to assess all the applications publicly, fairly and justly and release the final applicants on the bulletin board to accept the supervision by the public. After that without much complaint we will submit the name list of scholarship students to the Provincial Education Administration for the final approval.

1. How should I apply for the visa to study in China?

International students should apply for “X” visa or “F” visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General to study in China with the original documents and one set of photocopies of the:
(1) Visa Application for Study In China (JW201 or JW202),
(2)Admission Notice,
(3)Foreigner Physical Examination Form,
(4)A valid ordinary passport.

International students must enter China with the original copies of the above documents. A person coming to China with other types of passports, visas or without the original documents will not be able to register with the institution, nor will they be able to apply for residence in China.

X (study) visas are issued to those coming to China for study or an internship for a period of more than six months.

F (business) visas are issued to those invited to China to do business or study for a period of less than six months.

Students organized in form of groups and stay less than 6 months can apply for the F group visas by the authorized invitation letters or fax of the duly authorized unit.

International students should apply for Residence Permit for Foreigners from the division of exit-entry administration of local public security bureau within thirty days upon arrival in China.

2. What health verification should be presented if I want to go to China?

After arriving in China, international students are required to go to the Health quarantine bureau to confirm the Physical Examination Record for Foreigner within prescribed time limit. Students failing to provide Physical Examination Record for Foreigner must have physical examination at the local Health Quarantine Bureau. If the student is diagnosed to have any disease the laws prohibit entry in China, he/she must return to his/her country at his own expense.

3. How are health verification and residence permit applied for?

Health verification: Scholarship students who are to stay in China for more than 6 months are requested to bring their passports, Admission Notice, the original Foreigner Physical Examination Form and the Blood Test Report to the local health and quarantine office within the due time to have their medical examination reports verified. Scholarship students who do not meet the requirements of the above authority will be required to re-take the medical examination. Those who refuse to re-take the medical examination or are diagnosed with diseases that are not permitted to stay in China according to the Chinese laws and regulations will be required to leave China.

Residence Permit: After the health verification, the scholarship students must apply for residence permit to the local police authority with their passports, Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) within 30 days upon their arrival.

Note: Expenses incurred in the procedures above shall be born by the scholarship students themselves.
4. I have already bought insurance in America. Do I need to buy insurance again in China?

International students are required to buy both medical insurance and personal accidental death and injury insurance. You can buy them either in your own country or in China after your arrival.


June 2018
« Sep