South Korea (a Govt. funded research oriented university) offers international scholarships (Master and PhD) for Pakistani students in six major areas
|Classification||Spring Ⅰ2015||Spring Ⅱ 2015||Spring Ⅲ 2015|
|Application||July 3 (Thu) ~
July 17 (Thu)
|Oct 16 (Thu) ~
Oct 30 (Thu)
|Dec 19 (Fri) ~
Dec 29 (Mon)
|Document Evaluation Results||July 31 (Thu)||Nov 13 (Thu)||Jan 9 (Fri), 2015|
|Interview||Aug 4 (Mon) ~
Aug 13 (Wed)
|Nov 17 (Mon) ~
Nov 26 (Wed)
|Jan 13 (Tue) ~
Jan 16 (Fri), 2015
|Final Results||Aug 29 (Fri)||Dec 12 (Fri)||Jan 29 (Thu), 2015|
※ Application Checklist and Information
- Not allowed to apply for more than one major at the same time
- Document Evaluation and final Results will be announced on the DGIST‘s website.
- Detailed information for interviews will be announced with the document evaluation results, and Interview schedules can be different depending on the Departments.
Majors and Programs
|Emerging Materials Science||M.S, Integrated M.S&Ph.D, Ph.D
● Note that you could get an admission for master’s program according to
the evaluation results, even if you applied for the Integrated Master’s and
Doctoral Degree Program.
|Information & Communication Engineering||M.S, Ph.D|
|Robotics Engineering||M.S, Ph.D|
|Energy Systems Engineering||M.S, Ph.D|
|Brain Science||M.S, Ph.D|
|New Biology||Integrated M.S&Ph.D, Ph.D|
|Spring 2015||OOO students||OO students|
|Spring 2015||M.S. / Integrated
|Students who hold bachelor’s degrees or are expected to complete their bachelor’s degrees in February, 2015|
|Ph.D.||Students who hold master’s degrees or are expected to complete their master’s degrees in February, 2015|
|Tuition Fees||Full scholarship will be provided|
Education and Research
|Ph.D. degree candidate : 12,000,000KRW + α / year
M.S. degree candidate : 7,200,000KRW + α / year
|Dormitory||Dormitory is available for all the students|
|International Exchanges||Opportunity of training in the world’s leading class university
Participation opportunity for various international conferences
|Participation in DGIST research project is available.
* Participation in various projects related with KBRI
(Korean Brain Research Institute) and DUP United-Campus
(DGIST-UNIST-POSTECH) is available.
※ Please visit each Department’s website to get more information about scholarships.
|Documents to Submit||Application Process|
|A||Application Form||Compulsory||Online application (prescribed form)|
|B||Personal Statement and Study Plan||Compulsory||Online application (prescribed form)
You can choose to write either in English and/or Korean.
|C||Degree Certificate (either completed or to be completed)||Compulsory||Online attachment (PDF)
– M.S. / Integrated M.S.& Ph.D. Applicants :
Undergraduate Degree Certificate
– Ph.D. Applicants :
Undergraduate & graduate Degree Certificate
※ Please submit Certificate of Enrollment if you can hand
in Certificate of Expected Graduation.
|D||Official Transcript||Compulsory||Online attachment (PDF)
– M.S. / Integrated M.S.& Ph.D. Applicants :
Undergraduate Official Transcript
– Ph.D. Applicants :
Undergraduate & graduate Official Transcript
|E||English Test Scores||Optional||Online attachment (PDF)
TOEIC, TOFEL IBT, TOFEL CBT, TOEFL PBT, IELTS, or TEPS
|F||Other certificates||Optional||Online attachment (PDF)
Other certificates that show the applicants’ capability and possibility
|G||Letter of Recommendation||Optional||Direct submission from the recommender through e-mail
(prescribed form) : email@example.com
No limitation on the number of recommendation letter
|H||Application Fee||Compulsory||80,000 KRW / US $80|
※ Online submission on the DGIST website (www.dgist.ac.kr)
※ Please make a single PDF file contain all the documents in the alphabetical order (C – F) and make sure that it does not exceed 10MB.
Evaluation based on application documents
Assessment of the potential academic ability based on former college/graduate school’s transcript, personal statement and study plan, and etc
Interview (only for the students who passed the documents evaluation)
Evaluation of fundamental knowledge of the field of study, enthusiasm for research, potential ability to be a scholar, communication ability, etc, through individual and/or group interviews. More details are determined by each department.
Online interview can be scheduled for the students in foreign countries by early request.
- Emerging Materials Science
- On-site Interview to evaluate the basic background knowledge (mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, etc.) required for the materials science research, potential for future growth, personal integrity, motivation, responsible decision-making, ethical standards, and interpersonal skills.
- Presentation : 10 minutes presentation on
(MS/MS-Ph. D) Major concepts learned during undergraduate study.
(Ph. D) Achievement during MS course and future research interests
- Information and Communication Engineering
- Oral examination about foundations and applications of information & communication, computer, electronics, mathematics, physics, chemistry, attitude, personality, and vision as an engineer
- English Presentation of up to 5 minutes (5 slides) about an important concept that you learned through your undergraduate core courses for MS degree applicants, and that is related to your future PhD research for PhD degree applicants
- A part of the interview will be conducted in English
- Robotics Engineering
- Questions on fundamental knowledge of the robotics related subjects or courses, enthusiasm for research, potential ability to be a scholar, communication ability, etc. in both English and Korean
- A short presentation in English on the research experience, achievements, research plan, etc for about 10 minutes and 20 minutes for MS and PhD respectively
- Energy Systems Engineering
- Personal interview in English with the concerned professors
- Questions on fundamentals and specialized knowledge about application of Energy Systems Engineering such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Thermodynamics and Transfer phenomenon according to the applicant’s specialty background, and on culture, personality and vision as engineering students.
- Brain Science
- The interview is planned as a Two-days/One-night program.
- Presentation in English : PowerPoint presentation of up to 10 minutes (5-10 slides) about research experience or research topics of interest to applicants
- Personal Essay : Presentation of motivation and interests on a suggested topic
- Interactive Discussion : Applicants will be asked to participate in a scientific discussion as a small group and give a 30 minute-presentation.
- NEW BIOLOGY
- Aptitude Interview : Assessment of basic qualities (character, leadership, communication, English abilities) and knowledge required of a convergence biological scientist
- Creativity Interview : Assessment of creative analysis and problem identification skills; includes an oral presentation by the candidate
Registration of Admitted Students
Registration period and procedure will be notified after admissions are finalized
Documents to submit
- Admission confirmation (Prescribed form)
- Resident registration form
- Degree certificate
- Official transcripts
- Physical examination certificate
- Admitted students should complete registration by submitting documents required by DGIST within the announced period. Otherwise, the admission will be cancelled.
- Submitted documents will not be returned. If any information submitted is not true, admission can be cancelled even after registration.
Admissions contact details
- Postal AddressAdmissions Team, DGIST, 333, Techno jungang-daero, Hyeonpung-Myeon, Dalseong-Gun, Daegu, 711-873, Rep. of Korea