Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and the National University of Singapore (NUS). PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU or NUS. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU or NUS.
“We want to encourage more such exchanges, to build friendships and mutual understanding. This is why we are introducing a new Singapore International Graduate Award (or SINGA), for international students to do their PhD training in a multi-disciplinary environment in Singapore. 240 SINGA Awards will be given every year to top students from all over the world. I hope that this will enhance the close educational ties between our countries and will bring our young talents even closer together.”
Extracted from Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong’s speech at the Honorary Doctorate Degree Conferment Ceremony, Eotvos Lorand University, 9 October 2007, Budapest, Hungary
HOW TO APPLY
Application for January 2014 intake has closed. apply for August 2014 intake.
Please note that the application deadline for August 2014 intake is 1 January 2014. Only applications with complete supporting documents submitted before or on 1 January 2014 will be processed. Applications submitted after 1 January 2014 will be considered late, and will be processed for the next intake instead.
- Please ensure that the information you provide during registration for an account in the application portal is accurate, as the information will be used for verification upon your first log-in.
- Please ensure that you apply for the correct scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” – in the application portal after logging in.
- Softcopies of the following supporting documents must be uploaded during your online application:
- Identity card or Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo in JPEG/PNG format
- University Academic Transcripts (in English translation)
- Degree Scrolls (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree scroll has not yet been conferred.
Not compulsory but good to include (if available):
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results
- Please note that you are NOT required to mail the hard copies of the abovementioned documents to the SINGA Office.
- Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will NOT be possible after it is submitted.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified within 10 weeks from the application closing date.