UNESCO Offers Madanjeet Singh Scholarships SAARC Countries
UNESCO Madanjeet Singh Scholarships for academic year 2014-17 in Bhutan
The UNESCO Madanjeet Centre for South Asia Forestry Studies (UMCSAFS) at Ugyen Wangchuck Institute for Conservation and Environment (UWICE), Bumthang, Bhutan is pleased to announce the Madanjeet Singh scholarship for three years Sustainable Development degree program to be undertaken at College of Natural Resources (CNR), Royal University of Bhutan in Lobesa, Punakha, Bhutan from July 2014 to July 2017.
The selected candidate (after completing sustainable degree program in CNR) will also need to undergo one-year independent forestry/conservation/environment research related program in UWICE (August 2017- July 2018). One candidate each from eight SAARC countries (India, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Pakistan and Afghanistan) will be selected for the scholarship.
The scholarship will cover:
a) Tuition fees
b) Economy air travel from the scholar’s place of residence within SAARC to Bhutan and back
c) Monthly stipend of Nu. 12,000.00 based on existing SAARC scholarship rate to cover logistics and personal expenses
d) Nominal book allowance and printings (Nu. 5000.00 per year)
e) In-country travel as per Royal Government of Bhutan’s rate (Nu. 150.00 per day while on travel)
1) Candidates must be class XII pass with minimum of 55% in English
2) He/She should be fluent in English (both in written and speaking)
3) He/She should produce English Language Proficiency Certificate from recognized/competent institutions
4) He/she should be below 35 years of age and need to submit the birth certificate along with other relevant documents.
- South Asia Foundation (SAF) office in each country will select one candidate each based on the eligibility criteria mentioned herein and the name of the selected candidate from each SAARC country should reach to the office of the Program Director, Madanjeet Singh Center for South Asia Forestry Studies, Lamai Goempa, latest by 30 April, 2014 through SAF office in the respective country for further scrutiny and acceptance into forestry degree program at College of Natural Resources. Should the documents be sent via e-mail, it should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The final assessment of the selected candidates from SAARC countries will be done jointly by team of committee from College of Natural Resources and Madanjeet Centre for South Asia Forestry Studies.
- Based on the final assessment, candidate may or may not be accepted into the program if SAF offices of the SAARC countries have failed to follow the set eligibility criteria.
- The right of acceptance or rejection of candidates nominated by SAARC countries into the sustainable degree program reserves with the UMCSAFS and College of Natural Resources.
- The letter of acceptance or rejection into the scholarship program will be sent to SAF office of the respective SAARC country for further conveyance to the individual candidate latest by 7th June 2013 via e-mail.
- The Scholarship for the Bhutanese will be awarded to the candidate who secures 1st position in the regular Entrance examination of B.Sc Forestry Programme conducted every year at College of Natural Resources, Lobesa, Bhutan. The selection criteria for Bhutanese shall remain as follows:
Candidates must have a class XII pass + minimum 2 years Diploma in Forestry with overall aggregate of 50 % and above and the Diploma should have been done in English.
He/she should have minimum of 8 years of working experiences in the forestry related field and should be fluent in English (both in written and speaking). He/she should not be above 40 years of age.
Document to be submitted
All candidates applying for UMCSAFS scholarship program should submit the following documents to the SAF office of the respective SAARC country.
1. Class XII Certificate
2. Class XII Transcript/Marksheet
3. English Language Proficiency Certificate
4. A copy of Citizenship ID card and valid passport
5. Security clearance certificate from respective countries
6. Medical fitness certificate from competent government hospital of respective countries
7. Birth Certificate
8. Contact e-mail and phone numbers
A copy of documents for the selected candidates should be sent to the office of SAF Bhutan for final assessment and acceptance into the program. All the accepted candidates should produce original documents at the time of admission at College of Natural Resources, Lobesa, Bhutan.
- All the required documents of the selected candidates should reach the office of Program Director, Madanjeet Singh Center for South Asia Forestry Studies, UWICE, Lamai Goempa: Bumthang latest by 30 April 2014. The documents sent via e-mail shall also be accepted. The documents should be sent to email@example.com
- 8th May 2014: Candidates shall be informed on the selection results via e-mail or phone calls. Accepted students shall be informed on legal and travel documents required
- 16th May 2014: Last date for selected scholarship students to send all legal documents to UMSCAFS and to confirm their acceptance of scholarship
- 13th June 2014: Last date to send all travel documents to UMCSAFS
- 8th July 2014: Students should arrive Bhutan to process all immigration formalities
- 12th July 2014: UMCSAFS students orientation program
- 14th July 2014: Students travel to College of Natural Resources
- 15th July 2014: Enrolment in College of Natural Resources