MIDS-Managed International Scholarships Switzerland
For those students who are unable to secure their own sources of funding, the MIDS program may be in a position to offer the generous support of select donors through a limited number of scholarships for the ten-month period of residency and schooling. In 2013-2014 ten students were able to secure such a scholarship. To qualify, the following requirements must be met:
- Demonstrated financial need on the part of candidates as well as their immediate and extended families, employers and any other persons who might otherwise have been able to contribute toward financing their MIDS studies;
- Demonstrated failure to secure loans or scholarships from other available sources, including employers, banks, governments and private providers;
- Coming from a country considered to have a developing economy.
After admission decisions are made by the MIDS admissions committee, qualifiedscholarship applications are forwarded to our sponsor by priority of their admission ratings. The final scholarship decision is made by the sponsor and communicated to the MIDS admissions office within a few weeks.
In addition to the scholarship application form, please submit the following supporting documents, translated into English if necessary (English translationsdo not need to be officially certified):
- Copies of official statements of income (your own and/or any other relevant persons, family members or other, whom you might call on for support);
- Official statement from a bank or other savings institution, and/or tax forms, indicating available funds and assets;
- Copies of responses to your other scholarship and/or loan requests, including from employers if applicable.
We highly recommend that students who wish to apply for a scholarship through the MIDS program explore all other opportunities and demonstrate their outreach efforts in their application file.
While our admission process is “need-blind”, meaning that we do not consider any financial factors when making admission decisions, we do ask you to submit your scholarship application at the same time as your application for admission, to ensure timely processing. The scholarship application deadline is 31 January 2014.