Fatima Jinnah Medical College, Lahore (Admission Session 2014-2015)
To Download Application Form:
Last Date For Application Submission :
Monday, 8th December 2014
Test Date :
Sunday, 21st December 2014
Complete the sentences by choosing the most appropriate word, from the given lettered choices (A to D) below each.
- Sensory cells _______ impulses by producing electrical signals.
- to respond
- respond to
- The first engine ______ heat to drive a machine was the steam engine.
- made use of
- to make use of
- of using
- of making use
Choose the lettered word or phrase that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word in capital letters.
Identify the word or phrase that needs to be changed for the sentence to be correct:
- Yesterday one of the teacher was called by the principal. No error.
A B C D E
- Ali finds it difficult to put his idea into No error .
A B C D E
Choose the word most similar in meaning to the capitalized ones.
Read the passage to answer the question 9-10
It is important that we should develop an attitude of objective and clear thinking in the study of science. It will open and enlarge our minds which are the very soul of science. Experiments and research work have brought about great advancement in science. Therefore, we must realize that science is a creative activity.
- Objective and clear thinking make the study of science:
- Experiments and research work are:
- The rate of a chemical reaction is:
- determined from a balanced chemical equation
- the change in concentration of products and reactants in a certain amount of time
- not possible to determine experimentally
- expressed in units of time
- In neutralization:
- the base is neutralized
- the acid is neutralized
- a salt is formed
- all of the above
- An alkene with 16 carbons has a molecular formula of:
- In 80 grams of NaOH, there are:
- 2 moles of NaOH
- 1 mole of NaOH
- 3 moles of NaOH
- 5 moles of NaOH
- -rays (Alpha) are:
- fast moving electrons
- positively charged helium nuclei
- Iso pentane and neo-pentane are the examples of:
- Functional group isomerism
- Position isomerism
- Chain isomerism
- As the temperature of a solid increases, its specific heat:
- increases, then decreases
- decreases, then increases
- remains the same
- Radiation is the chief method of energy transfer:
- from the Sun to an Earth satellite
- from a gas flame to water in a teakettle
- from a soldering iron to metals being soldered
- from water to an ice cube floating in it
- from a mammal to the surrounding air
- If a vibrating body is to be in resonance with another body, it must:
- be of the same material as the other body
- vibrate with the greatest possible amplitude
- have a natural frequency close to the natural frequency of the other body
- vibrate faster than usual
- vibrate more slowly than usual
- Which pair includes a scalar quantity and a vector quantity?
- Kinetic energy and momentum
- Potential energy and work
- Velocity and acceleration
- Weight and force
- A particle performs simple harmonic motion of amplitude 0.020 m and frequency 2.5 Hz. What is its maximum speed?
- A generator produces 100 kW of power at a potential difference of 10 kV. The power is transmitted through cables of total resistance 5. How much power is dissipated in the cables?
- 50 W
- 250 W
- 500 W
- 1000 W
- 50000 W
- End of menstrual cycle in old age is called:
- All of the above
- Genotype ratio of Mendel’s Law of independent assortment is:
- 3 : 1
- 1 : 2 : 1
- 9 : 3 : 3 : 1
- None of the above
- Which of the following is a characteristic of land plants?
- Multicellular plant body
- Alternation of generations
- All of the above
- Molds and yeast are classified as:
- Which compound captures light energy in plants?
- Which is correctly associated?
- RNA: thymine
- DNA: uracil
- RNA: replication
- mRNA: picks up amino acids
- RNA: ribose sugars
|Q #.||Right Choice|