Education In Pakistan

Papers, Notes, Books & Help For Students


Tag: jfunu

The Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU) Scholarship

The Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU) Scholarship

The Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU) Scholarship is available for outstanding applicants from developing countries* who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance, and they will be considered as candidates for the award of the scholarship.

*The developing countries listed in the latest OECD DAC list.

The JFUNU scholarship covers the full tuition fees, and provides a monthly allowance of 150,000 JPY* for living expenses for a maximum of 24 months. Travel costs to and from Japan, visa handling fees, and health/accident insurance costs must be covered by the student.

*150,000 JPY is the average monthly living cost for an international student without dependents in Tokyo, although this amount may vary depending on the lifestyle of the student.

Please note that applicants who want to pursue a second master’s degree at UNU-ISP is not eligible for the scholarship.


ADB-JSP scholarship

UNU-ISP offers a limited number of scholarships for the UNU-ISP Master’s Programme under Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Programme (ADB-JSP). The award of the scholarship will be based on the selection results. Only applicants who have been accepted and will be enrolled to the UNU-ISP Postgraduate Programme can be considered as candidates of the ADB scholarship.

I. Eligibility requirements to be a candidate of ADB-JSP scholarship

  1. Citizens of the developing countries that are borrowing members of the Asian Development Bank. (Applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship: Hong Kong ; the Republic of Korea; Singapore and Taiwan)
  2. A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record. For applicants in Nepal, Bangladesh or Pakistan who have earned their master’s degree in their home country and have completed only 16 years of education, their master’s level education will only be equivalent to a Japanese bachelor’s degree.
  3. At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
  4. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
  5. Not more than 35 years old at the time of application.
  6. In good health.
  7. Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
  8. Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
  9. Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for the ADB-JSP scholarship.  However, applicants working at ADB’s developing member countries are eligible to apply.
  10. Applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs are not eligible. This includes those who have already obtained a Master’s Degree at institutes aside from UNU-ISP.
  11. Applicants who have never studied aboard.

II. Coverage

Full tuition, subsistence allowance including housing allowance, medical and accident insurance, books and instrumental allowance will be covered by the scholarship.  A monthly subsistence allowance including housing allowance for one person for the academic year 2014 is approximately 150,000 JPY (Subject to change for the academic year 2015).  Economy class airfare at most direct route to and from Narita International Airport and the scholar’s home country will also be provided.


III. Application documents

Interested applicants should submit the following documents in addition to the application documents required by UNU-ISP.

  1. ADB-JSP Information Sheet
  2. Certificates of annual income of the applicant
  3. Certificate of family income (Parents’ income if single or income of the spouse if married)

Note: Each income certificate must show annual income in your local currency and US dollar, and be written in English with signature or stamp. Please only submit authorized certificates issued by public agencies. For parents who are retired, unemployed or deceased, kindly submit certificate issued by a local agency, company or government with signature or stamp whichever is applicable.

Education In Pakistan © 2016