VU, IT430 Assignment No 01 Solution Spring 2013 (25-04-2013)
E-Commerce (IT 430)
Semester Spring 2013
Assignment # 1
Total marks = 20
Deadline = 25-04-2013
Please carefully read the following instructions before attempting the assignment.
Rules for Marking
It should be clear that your assignment would not get any credit if:
- The assignment is submitted after due date.
- The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
- The assignment is copied. Note that strict action would be taken if the submitted assignment is copied from any other student. Both students will be punished severely.
Important Note before attempting assignment:
1) This assignment will cover Lecture No.1 to 5.
2) You should concern recommended books to clarify your concepts as handouts are not sufficient.
3) You are supposed to submit your assignment in .doc format. Any other formats like scan images, PDF, Zip, rar, bmp, docx etc will not be accepted.
4) You are advised to upload your assignment at least two days before Due date.
5) This assignment file comprises of Two (2) pages.
Assignment comprises of 20 Marks. Note that no assignment will be accepted after due date via email in any case (whether it is the case of load shedding or emergency electric failure or internet malfunctioning etc.). Hence, refrain from uploading assignment in the last hour of the deadline, and try to upload Solutions at least 02 days before the deadline to avoid inconvenience later on.
For any query please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assignment No. 1
Consider that there is a sales person named Mr. Zee in a Grocery store. He sends every day sales & profit reports on daily basis to Mr. A on e-mail ID “email@example.com”. Mr. A is the Manager in charge sitting in head office situated in other city.
The Network address of computer machine of Mr. Zee from where he generates the E-mail lies on the network with address 140.57. The e-mail server of the requested e-mail “firstname.lastname@example.org” is hosted at Network No.100.
For routing the data, there are number of Routers responsible for delivering the data based on IP addressing node to node. There is a router (R-1) attached to network 140.57 and Router (R-2) is the gateway router connected to the network No.100 where destination computer machine lies.
At the sender side the information will pass downward to the TCP/IP layered architecture and upward on receiver after being processed by different protocols on each layer.
What are the protocols that will be responsible in delivery of e-mail from the source to destination, and, also clearly elaborate the functions of the protocol performed downward at sender side and upward at receiver side on the TCP/IP stack?