Islamic Development Bank Merit Scholarship Programme for High Technology (MSP) For Academic Year 2015-16
Islamic Development Bank
Merit Scholarship Programme for High Technology (MSP) For Academic Year 2015-16
- The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is delighted to announce that scholarships under the IDB Merit Scholarship Programme for High Technology for the academic year 2015-16 are open for application. The scholarships will be awarded to successful applicants effective September 2015.
- The applicant must be a citizen of an IDB member country, be a permanent employee of an academic institution or a research centres of his/her country and must satisfy all the eligibility requirements of the Programme.
- The Programme is designed to help promising research students to pursue a full-time three-year Ph.D study in scientific disciplines that enhance development in IDB member countries, with priority to Health/Medicine, Agriculture/Food Production, Water Resources/Desertification, Energy/Infrastructure Development, Nanotechnology and ICT for Development.
- The successful candidate for the Ph.D programme must secure admission at one of the universities listed in the Times Higher Education Supplement (THES).
- Priority shall be given to those Ph.D. applicants who have secured admission at universities that have concluded a cooperation agreement with the IDB such as University of Cambridge, University of Oxford, University of Nottingham, University of Birmingham, University of York and University College London in the UK, Princeton University in USA, Paris-Tech in France and KAUST in Saudi Arabia.
- Applications for post-doctoral research are invited to undertake a six-twelve month specific innovative project to address a problem-solving matter in member countries such as Malaria, Corona, Ebola, Food production, Water Resources/Desertification, Energy, etc. at Research Centres of Excellence which have the facilities and equipment to undertake cutting-edge research projects, both in IDB member countries as well as in advanced countries. This is to focus on most crucial development areas of IDB member countries in addition to what it was highlighted in the IDB Vision 1440H.
- The successful candidate for the Postdoctoral Research Project must secure invitation letter from one of the Research Centres of Excellence in either the IDB member countries or advanced countries, and not from a university.
- The scholarship comprises tuition fees, living allowance on single-status basis, health insurance and round-trip air-ticket. The selected candidates are not entitled to bring their families with them.
- The prospective applicants should visit the IDB website: www.isdb.org to download the Programme’s application form and to read full information about the eligibility requirements, how to apply, the Programme’s benefits and facilities.
- The applicant must complete the application form and send it together with all the requisite documents, as mentioned on the concluding page of the form, through the Economic Affairs Division, Ministry of Finance, Revenue, Economic Affairs, Statistics and Privatization, Government of Pakistan, Islamabad latest by February 29, 2015. Applications received directly at the IDB will not be entertained.