Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Syria, Nepal, Bangladesh, Myanmar Fund “REM” has established the following rules and quotas for students wishing to receive a scholarship
PROPOSAL FOR EDUCATION
Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Syria, Nepal, Bangladesh, Myanmar
Fund “REM” has established the following rules and quotas for students wishing to receive a scholarship for admission to universities and colleges in Europe in 2016 -2017 academic year:
The applicant must have a high level of knowledge in areas in which he wants to continue his education.
The applicant must have high level of knowledge in foreign languages not less than B2 for German, French, Polish, Czech.
The applicant must have an interview with the fund officer and pay an administrative fee $ 50;
Procedure to submit documents and acts:
Interview is conducted by a local staff member (or by Skype or another way through the Internet if there is no such representative person). Preliminary interview focused on identifying potential candidates.
The payment of an administrative fee;
Filling the application and sending it to staff member;
In case the applicant passes the preliminary interview, he must pay an administrative fee of $ 50 , after which he will have access to the online questionnaire.
According to the results of questioning Council of Foundation will announce the decision to the applicant. If an applicant gets a scholarship, or if the student does not receive a scholarship, he will be notified within one calendar month.
– Receiving a response from the fund (the decision will be made within one calendar month);
After of questioning the foundation council at their next meeting shall decide about the inclusion of the applicant to the list of funds scholarship.
If the decision is positive, the applicant should begin gathering the documents requested by the Fund.
The Found provides the applicant a list of educational institution of university to which he can apply. Grant holder can count on funds scholarship only in the case of admission to the universities that fund has offered to him.
Collecting all the necessary documents
In the case when the applicant corresponding to the requirements, a list of documents is as follows:
copy of the passport;
copy of certificate of graduation;
a copy of the certificate of completion of language courses;
a copy of the document confirming any other education;
Fund has the right to request from applicants any other documents.
Preparation for the entering:
If for admission to universities recommended by fund the applicant will need additional training, he will be required to pass it either in the country of residence or in the country of education.
Submission of documents;
Submission of documents to the university is carried by the fund officer with the participation of the applicant.
-How to get visa?
The Foundation provides full support for the visa for applicant.
The applicant shall pay all costs associated with obtaining a visa
The applicant must pay all transportation costs
A final interview at the university
The final interview is carried out at the University by university staff at the time that is specified by Found.
Admission to the University
After passing the final interview (in some universities it is not required), the applicant shall be entered to the university.
Quotas for countries:
Found Council give the following quotas for the support of students entering the universities and colleges in Europe in 2016 – 2017 academic year, within the following limits:
Pakistan – no more than 200 people;
Nepal – no more than 200 people;
– Iran – no more than 100 people;
– Iraq – no more than 100 persons;
– Turkey – no more than 100 people;
– Syria – no more than 50 people;
– Bangladesh – no more than 50 people;
– Myanmar – no more than 50 people;
TWAS-IROST Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme Iran
TWAS-IROST Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme Iran
02-Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
03-Biological Systems and Organisms
07-Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
- TWAS–IROST Postdoctoral Fellowships in natural sciences are tenable for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months at IROST.
- Eligible IROST departments: Information on IROST departments can be obtained by following the links from the IROST homepage (www.irost.org/en/). See right-hand column.
- IROST will provide a monthly allowance in Iranian Rial for the duration of the fellowship to cover food, local transport, pocket money and other personal needs. The monthly allowance will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- IROST will also cover accommodation, daily medical care and research expenses.
- The language of instruction is English.
- Applicants for these Fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Apply for the TWAS-IROST Postdoctoral Fellowship within 5 years of completion of their PhD qualification;
- be permanent resident in a developing country (other than I.R. Iran);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Iran or any developed country;
- hold a PhD degree in a field of science and/or technology;
- be regularly employed in a developing country (other than the host country) and hold a research assignment there;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to their home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship;
- be accepted at an IROST department participating in the scheme and provide an official acceptance letter from the head of the department (see sample Acceptance Letter in the application form). Requests for acceptance must be directed to the eligible department at IROST with copy to Dr. Mahmoud Molanejad (see below contact details);
- provide evidence of proficiency in English;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family member.
Submitting your application
- The call for applications is open from April until 15 September of each year.
- Applicants should submit the acceptance letter from an IROST department to TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper, SIGNED and sent as attachments via e-mail to TWAS. The subject line must contain IROST/PDoc and the candidate’s surname. Alternatively, letters should be sent in sealed envelopes by post. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted. The letters can be submitted either by the referee or by the applicant directly.
- Applicants to the TWAS-IROST Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send their application to TWAS (only).