International Scholarships at International College of Management Sydney, Australia
he International College of Management, Sydney (ICMS) is offering a scholarship to an International student who will be commencing their studies at ICMS in February 2015.
The scholarship is awarded based on a 3 component application process, which will result in the successful applicant being awarded a scholarship of approximately $25,000 AUD for one semester of on campus accommodation and two terms of tuition (equivalent to a Diploma or first year studies of a Bachelor Degree) within one of the above programs commencing February 2015.
Step 1: Apply to ICMS
Step 2: Get confirmation of enrollment from ICMS
Step 3: Download the application form
Step 4: Complete the application form
Step 5: Submit the application form by 19 December 2014
Finalists will be selected on the following 3 step application process:
1. Academic and English requirements
Due by 5pm, Friday 19th December 2014
2. Essay submission
Due by 5pm, Friday 19th December 2014
Finalists will be contacted by ICMS staff members to arrange an interview either by phone or in person from
Monday 22nd December 2014 onwards
STAGE 1: ACADEMIC AND ENGLISH REQUIREMENTS
Applicants need to meet the regular ICMS entry requirements in English language proficiency and academic ability.
Please refer to our College website for entry requirements www.icms.edu.au/courses
STAGE 2: ESSAY SUBMISSION
Maximum 500 words
Why you want to study at ICMS
Applicants should address the following questions within their essay:
1. The reasons they chose ICMS to study including the choice of program
2. What they will bring to ICMS
3. Where they hope to be in 10 years’ time and how ICMS contributed to this
STAGE 3: INTERVIEW
Students who are successful with their essay and ICMS entry requirements will progress to the interview stage. The
student will be interviewed by an ICMS staff member and will be asked a broad range of questions relating to their
knowledge of the College and course choice and their life and background in general.
Upon notification of being awarded a Scholarship the successful candidate is required to inform the college of
acceptance or non-acceptance, in writing within 2 working days of receipt of notification.
A letter of acceptance will be issued outlining the details of enrolment at ICMS within 2 working days. This will include
the request of AU$ 1,000 deposit, which is not included within the Scholarship offer and is to be paid by the successful
Upon receipt of the full deposit a pre-arrivals information booklet will be sent to the successful candidate to prepare for
arrival to ICMS.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. All applicants must hold an international passport. This excludes dual citizens of Australia and elsewhere,
permanent residents and temporary residents.
2. The applicant is required to post their application including English language proficiency, academic proficiency
and essay to Don Shiell, Vice President of International Development, 151 Darley Road, Manly NSW 2095,
AUSTRALIA by 5pm, Friday 19th December 2014 (Australian Eastern Standard Time).
3. All final applicants will be notified by ICMS within 5 working days after their interview.
4. The scholarship is to the total value of approximately AU$ 25,000 which covers the first two terms tuition fees (8
Subjects) and one semester of on campus accommodation.
5. The deposit fee is to be paid as stipulated in the letter of offer, sent by ICMS.
6. The scholarship must be redeemed for the February 2015 trimester only. Students must be able to obtain a visa
and arrive in Australia no later than 9th February 2015 or risk forfeiting the scholarship in its entirety.
7. Any persons deemed to have misrepresented themselves in their application through fraudulent documents or
identity in the interview will forfeit the scholarship and lose their deposit.
8. Once a student of ICMS, Scholarship recipients will be required to contribute 8 hours of work per week in one of
the ICMS departments and also provide the marketing department with a photo, profile and have a willingness to
participate in future marketing, blogging and College activities and act as an ambassador for their country.
9. Retakes or resits of a subject or subjects due to failing the subject are to be paid for by the student and are not
included in the Scholarship.
10. College fees and Awards are subject to change.
11. Scholarships are awarded for the February intake only of 2015 in accordance with the enrolment procedure of
the International College of Management, Sydney.
12. The College reserves the right to change or cancel all or part of the Scholarship program without notice.
13. Scholarship value is subject to change in line with program and fee changes.
14. Accommodation and tuition fees are in Australian Dollars and are subject to change
15. Applicants must have an unconditional offer to be eligible