Hubei China Provincial Scholarships for International Students
In order to adapt the development of study abroad in china and increase the use efficiency of scholarship for international students, Hubei Province have established regulations of Hubei Provincial Scholarships Management for the purpose of talents cultivation, scientific researches, social service and cultural exchanges in universities and colleges.
1.1 Scholarships are provided for supporting tuitions in principle. According to different amounts, scholarships should be divided into five categories: Undergraduate Scholarship is 10,000 per year; Graduate Scholarship is 15,000 RMB per year; Doctorate scholarship is 20,000 RMB per year; General Scholar Scholarship is 5,000 RMB per 6 months or 10,000 per year; Advanced Scholar Scholarship (including visiting scholars, similarly hereinafter) is 10,000 per 6 months or 20,000 per year.
1.2 The standard of scholarship for foreign students enrolled as the requirement of the external agreement that Hubei province signed should be implemented according to the external agreement.
Hubei Provincial Scholarships are open and applicable for all majors’ students or scholars.
3.1 Applicants should be foreign citizens with valid passport and, should be friendly to China.
3.2 Applicants should be well-behaved, hardworking, grade excellent and in good health.
3.3 Requirements on applicants’ academic degree and age：
1. Undergraduate scholarship applicants should be within average age of 25 years old and have obtained degree equal to Chinese High School Degree or above.
2. Graduate Scholarship applicants should within the average of 30 year old and have obtained bachelor degree.
3. Doctorate Scholarship applicants should be within the average age of 35 years old and have obtained master’s degree.
4. All General Scholar Scholarship applicants should be within the average age of 40 years old and Chinese language scholars should have obtained Higher School Degree or above, professional scholars should have obtained bachelor’s degree or above or should be university students in grade 2 or above.
5. Advanced Scholar Scholarship applicants should have obtained master’s degree or above and associate professor title or above, and should be the average age of 50 years old.
3.4 The requirement for applicants’ Chinese language proficiency to be decided in accord with the major to be learned and language of instruction.
3.5 Applicants do not obtain any financial aid from Chinese government or other organizations.
Scholarship Applications should be accepted by all universities and colleges between February and June. More details would be provided by related universities and colleges.
5.1 All Hubei provincial college and universities organize current foreign students to apply for the scholarship and contact the foreign students who are planning to study in Hubei province through Chinese embassies in foreign counties, foreign educational institutions or internet.
5.2 All qualified foreigners, both the ones who are studying in colleges and universities in Hubei province and the ones who are in foreign counties can apply to the colleges and universities you study in or you want to.
5.3 All colleges and universities accept scholarship application on Feb. to June. The application will be assessed basically on the principal of open, fair and justice by the school assessment team and the result will be published in school for a week.
5.4 Ministry of Education of Hubei Province accepts all colleges and universities’ Application Forms of Hubei Provincial Foreign Student Scholarship every June, and will publish the result on Hubei province education information net (www.e21.edu.cn) for a week after the assessment, if there is no dispute, the Ministry of Education of Hubei Province will issue a document to confirm it.
5.5 The scholarship students recommended by foreign government and international organizations according to the requirement of the agreement will be arranged to study in the appointed colleges and universities by Ministry of Education of Hubei Province.
The following is the list of universities and colleges:
1. Yangtze University
2. Hubei University
3. Hubei University of Technology
4. Hubei University of Science and Engineering
5. Hubei Normal University
6. Hubei University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
7. Huazhong Agricultural University
8. Jianghan University
9. China Three Gorges University
10. Wuhan Institute of Technology
11. Wuhan Institute of Physical Education
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ Peixu1@hotmail.com
7.1 Applicants should provide related materials based on universities and colleges’ requirements. The following is the list of the basic materials:
1. Application Form of Hubei Provincial Foreign Student Scholarship
2. Copy of Passport
3. Notarized highest Diploma
4. Notarized Transcript or Certificate of Job Title
5. Letter of Recommendation and Health Certificate
6. Other documents required
7.2 Applicants who haven’t been studying in the colleges and universities applied for need to fill inApplication Form of Hubei Provincial Foreign Student Scholarship (form 1); Applicants who have been studying in the colleges and universities applied for need to fill in Application Form of Hubei Provincial Foreign Student Scholarship (form 2).
8.1 All colleges and universities issue Scholarship Offer Letter for foreign students offered scholarship.
8.2 The foreign students offered scholarship should register for school and go through registration process in the required registration date on Scholarship Offer Letter, the scholarship qualification will be exempted for one who registers later than the required registration date.
8.3 Any applicant of the following will be exempted scholarship qualification:
1. Any applicant of the following will be exempted scholarship qualification
2. One who gets involved in activities of illegal organizations
3. One who seriously breaks school rules
4. One who breaks Chinese laws
8.4 The school should make a comprehensive assessment on the foreign students who obtain scholarship and report to the Ministry of Education of Hubei Province to for the record when they finished school.
Address: Hongshan Road No. 8 in Wuhan City in China
Postal Code: 430071
Telephone Number: 0086-27-87328141
Fax Number: 0086-27-87328047