Higher Education Commission HEC Scholarships for Royal Holloway, University of London
Applications are invited from outstanding Pakistani nationals for the award of PhD scholarships for Royal Holloway, University of London (RHUL), UK, jointly funded by HEC and RHUL. The scholarships will be awarded for academic session starting Fall 2015
1) Pakistani nationals
2) Candidates must have minimum Eighteen years of education
3) Maximum two second divisions throughout the academic career
4) Maximum age on Monday May 18, 2015:
a) 40 years for full time regular faculty members of public sector Universities/Colleges and employees of the
public sector R & D organizations
b) 35 years for all others
5) Applicants need to have minimum cumulative 50% academic marks as per HEC Academic Evaluation Formula
(HEC-AEF). The HEC-AEF is available at HEC website
6) Applicants must have secured admission into a PhD program in the Royal Holloway, University of London, UK for
fall 2015 session.
The following documents are required to be submitted along with the prescribed application form:
1) Photocopy of confirmed admission letter for PhD Program at Royal Holloway, University of London, UK.
2) Attested photocopies of all educational testimonials by gazatted Govt. officer
3) Attested photocopy of CNIC
5) Attested photocopy of domicile
6) Statement of Purpose for pursuing higher studies (max. 500 words)
7) Research Proposal
8) Original online Deposit slip of Rs. 200/- (non-refundable) in favor of the Director General Finance, Higher Education Commission, H-9, Islamabad on account number 0112-00500119-01, HBL Aabpara Branch Islamabad as processing fee…
1) For guidance on submitting a PhD application to Royal Holloway, University of London please follow the instructionsprovided at the following website: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/studyhere/researchdegrees/applying/home.aspx)
Please Note: Before applying, candidates must have identified a supervisor whose recent research closely matches their interests. To do so, candidates are encouraged to contact potential supervisors with details about their research proposal and a summary of their academic qualifications (i.e. a brief CV)
2) Scholarships are tenable in all fields of study except Agriculture and chemistry subjects.
3) Candidates having direct admission into PhD program will be considered. Admission in Master program will not
4) Funding for a maximum period of 3 years will be provided for PhD program.
5) Awardees have to execute a bond with the HEC to serve in Pakistan for 5 years after completion of study,
preferably in an institution of Higher Education
6) Incomplete or applications received after due date will not be entertained
7) In-Service candidates should apply through proper channel
Last date of receipt of applications:
Application form, complete in all respect should reach the undersigned latest by Monday May 18, 2015 through registered mail or courier service. By hand applications will not be entertained.
Terms and Condition