GC University Faisalabad Offers Overseas PhD Scholarships Accompanied With Career Opportunity
GC University Faisalabad Offers Overseas PhD Scholarships Accompanied with Career Opportunity
GC University Faisalabad offers 04 foreign Ph.D. scholarships under its Faculty Development Program to academically outstanding, research oriented scholars, who desire to improve their academic qualification and to become a part of GCUF’s Faculty. The Ph.D. Programme is fully funded under the project: “Establishment of Govt. College University Campus on Cost Sharing Bases with Govt. of Punjab”.
The applications are invited from the Pakistani Nationals of the following Subjects:
|Banking & Finance||
|Electrical Engineering (Specialization in Telecommunication)||
- Scholarships will cover insurance, accommodation, living, books etc. expenses and average (economy) Air return fare once. (as approved in PC-1)
- Appointment as faculty member before leaving for Ph.D.
The candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Minimum 16 years of education in the relevant field.
- Minimum CGPA 3.00 out of 4.00 in semester system or 1st division in annual system from HEC recognized institutions.
- Only one 2nd division prior to the last degree is allowed.
- No 3rd division/D-grade in the academic career.
- Maximum age is 35 years, except for people working on regular basis(including temporary likely to become permanent) in public sector institutions whose maximum age is 40 year, by the closing date of applications.
- Those candidates, who have applied to other HEC scholarship Programmes and are awaiting results, may also apply.
- Scholarship will be awarded to candidates in disciplines in which they have earned B.Sc./M.Sc. and/or M. Phil degree
- An awardee will not change the course of studies as specified by the awardee in the application form or in the letter of award.
- An awardee will not hold any other scholarship/stipend during the fellowship period of his/her studies.
- GRE (General)/GAT with minimum 60% scores.
- In-service candidates should apply through proper channel. Advance copies will be entertained, however, the NOC from the organization must be provided on or before the interview.
- Only short listed candidates will be called for interview without TA/DA.
- Selected candidates other than GCUF faculty members will be offered faculty positions and they would be expected to join within 4 weeks of issuance of appointment letter.
- Visa arrangements will also be the responsibility of the selected candidates.
- Successful candidates will execute a bond with GC University, Faisalabad, for minimum 05 years to serve.
Last Date for Submission of Applications
- Application Form is available in the office of the Registrar and GCUF website: Download Faculty Development Scholarship Form. Candidates are required to fill in the form and mail at the address given below with a bank draft / postal order of Rs. 700/-(non refundable) in favor of Additional Treasurer. GC University Faisalabad as application fee.
- The applications completed in all respects must reach the Office of Additional Registrar (Recruitment) latest by 21.10.2013
- Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- The University reserves the rights not to consider any application or withdraw any post without giving any reason.
Note: The University is not responsible if call letters are delayed or not received due to any lapse of Courier Agency/Post Office/Telephonic message.