FDPS Scholarships for Overseas Applicants at SOAS, University of London
FDPS Scholarships 2015
FDPS is one of the longest running and most comprehensive Pre-master’s programmes in the UK and provides a complete package of preparation for postgraduate study including academic subjects, a research project and research methods classes, as well as academic English and study skills.
With effect from 2015, FDPS students will receive guaranteed conditional offers for many of the most popular Master’s programmes at SOAS including:
- All MSc Management programmes
- All MA Law programmes
- MA International Studies and Diplomacy
- All MA Art History programmes
- MA Gender Studies
- All MA Area Studies
- All MSc Development Studies
See here for a full list of participating programmes and details of entry requirements.
To be eligible for a scholarship, you need to accept the offer of a place before 30th April 2015 so please apply early. You can find the application form on the FDPS programme page.
Please read the Terms and Conditions below carefully.
Terms and Conditions
- All students who apply for FDPS 2015-16 and accept an offer of a place before 30th April 2015 (including the payment of a 10% deposit) will automatically be considered for a scholarship, except students who already hold an offer of a place at SOAS with no academic conditions at the time they apply for FDPS.
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and will be judged on the basis of the student’s university transcript and academic reference, English level, IFCELS entrance test (if taken) and interview performance. Scholarships will be awarded to students who are interested in postgraduate study at SOAS and who demonstrate the potential to achieve the entry requirements and to study successfully at postgraduate level.
- Successful candidates will be informed by the end of May 2015. The decision of the Head of IFCELS Department on the awards will be final.
- £1000 will be deducted from the balance of the fees owed by each of the scholarship winners which should be paid by the first day of the programme – 16th September 2015. Please note that, in order to apply for a visa to study on FDPS, students will need to meet the English language requirements for study at premasters level.
- A further £1000 will be deducted from the scholarship winners’ postgraduate fees if they register for their postgraduate programme at SOAS in September 2016. This will be in addition to the 5% fee discount offered to all FDPS students progressing to SOAS. This award cannot be deferred to 2017.