NTS EDUCATORS TEST 2013, SSE, ESE, SESE ALL Posts, ENGLISH Solved Sample MCQs Page 1 Helping Material
ANSWERS ARE GIVEN AT THE END
1. Sylvia Plath married which English poet?
2. Carl Sandburg ‘Planked whitefish’ contains what kind of imagery?
a. Sea scenes
b. Rural Idyll
d. Innocent childhood
3. Which influential American poet was born in Long Island in 1819?
a. Emily Dickinson
b. Paul Dunbar
c. John Greenleaf Whittier
d. Walt Whitman
4. In 1960 ‘The Colossus’ was the first book of poems published by which poetess?
a. Elizabeth Bishop
b. Sylvia Plath
c. Marianne Moore
d. Laura Jackson
5. In his poem Kipling said ‘If you can meet with triumph and . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ‘?
6. Which of the following is not a literary device used for aesthetic effect in poetry?
7. True or false: Writing predates poetry.
8. What is the earliest surviving European poem?
a. The Homeric epic
b. The Gilgamesh epic
c. The Deluge epic
d. The Hesiodic ode
9. Which of the following is not a poetic tradition?
a. The Epic
b. The Comic
c. The Occult
d. The Tragic
10. What is the study of poetry’s meter and form called?
The Homeric epic