Commonwealth Scholarship for Doctoral Studies in UK 2015 For University Teachers Working on Full Time Regular Basis
Commonwealth scholarships for Doctoral studies tenable in the United Kingdom, 2015
HEC invites applications from full time /permanent Pakistani / AJK faculty members for scholarship program offered by the Commonwealth Commission United Kingdom. The scholarships are offered for PhD studies only. All awards will be made on the basis of the academic merit, quality of the research proposal, potential of the candidate, and the likely impact of the work on the development of Pakistan.
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Studies
* Be a Pakistani citizen/permanently resident of Pakistan
* Should hold or expect to hold by October 2015, a first degree or at least upper second class honours level and relevant postgraduate degree or equivalent (MS 18 years)
* Must hold a full time/regular university teaching posts at the time of their application.
* Candidates applying for the doctoral study must provide the evidence of support from a prospective supervisor or at least one of their chosen institutions at the time of application.
* The candidates must have an overall IELTS score of no less that 6.5 overall with no less than 5.5 in each band. The validity of IELTS test is not taken earlier than 01 October 2014 and no later than 06 March 2015.The British Council, on the request of HEC, will hold the IELTS test for the final nominees.
* Economic Growth and the Private Sector
* Governance and Conflict
* Climate and Environment
* Water and Sanitation
* Food and Nutrition
* Humanitarian Disasters and Emergencies
Final selection of the candidates and host institutions will be made by the UK Commission. The selection committee will grade the applications on the basis of:
i. The academic merit.
ii. The quality of the proposed programme/ study plan
iii. The likely development impact that a candidate will have after their award.
How to prepare Application Package
Before sending application, read the below instructions thoroughly. List of UK institutions can be found athttp://bit.ly/cscuk-uk-universities; Reference letters should be submitted in sealed envelopes. Please attach following documents in your application package:-
* Download HEC-Application Form and fill it by using MS word (click here to download).
* Fill online Commonwealth application form (for respective scholarship program) through Electronic Application System (EAS), from http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/eas/applicants/scholarships/ by selecting HEC as your nominating agency. Get three (03) printouts of your online application form (duly filled and signed by the head/Vice Chancellor), as described on HEC website. The applications without EAS Application form will not be entertained.
* Attach attested copies of all the documents with EAS filled in EAS application form (03 sets in spiral binding each separately) and one set of HEC application form endorsed by employer, as mentioned in the HEC-Application Form, available on the HEC website.
* Attach the payment receipt of Rs. 1000 (Application Processing Fee) with HEC Application form only. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd. A separate bank Account No. 17427900133401 is being maintained for the purpose.
* HEC will conduct interviews of potential candidates through the experts at HEC and after interview, the selected candidates will be required to take IELTS academic test and further nominated to Commonwealth UK for further processing.
* Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted, for further processing. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding. Further, final selection will be made by the Commonwealth. HEC nomination does not guarantee for final selection.
* Commonwealth UK does not accept direct applications. All nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC. HEC prefers equal opportunity, however, females are encouraged to apply. Please send filled in EAS application form along-with documents in spiral binding (3 sets) each separately and one copy of HEC application form duly filled in and signed by employer on or before, 30th October, 2014 on the address given below:
(Engr. Waheed Ahmed Mangi)
Deputy Director (HRD) / In-charge FFSP / Commonwealth United Kingdom)
Higher Education Commission
Phone: +92 51 90808081
IMPORTANT NOTE: Nominations from HEC doesn’t guarantee any final selection.HEC is only facilitating agency in processing of this scholarship scheme. Therefore, HEC has no financial liability in this regard.