Chalmers University of Technology Sweden Avancez Scholarships
Chalmers University of Technology will award a number of scholarships funded by the Chalmers Foundation and these are available to all citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are liable to pay tuition fees for Swedish university education. The exact number of scholarships is yet to be decided by the Chalmers Foundation.
The selection is based on the applicants’ relative academic excellence, which primarily includes weighted average grade but also home university´s stature (including position on global ranking lists) and priority order of the application for Chalmers Master´s programmes.
Fields of Study:
The field(s) of study to which the scholarships will be awarded is determined annually by the University President. For the academic year 2014/15 the field of study is unrestricted, but it will be distributed according to targeted areas of education determined by the university management, based on the total number of applicants per each area of education from previous academic year.
- Citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are required to pay tuition fees for Swedish University education.
- 1st year Master’s Programme applicants
- A 75% reduction of the tuition fees (4 semesters / 2 year programme)
- Students who excel during their first year of studies may receive an increased scholarship reduction, which covers 85% of the tuition fee during the second and final year of studies
- No funds are transferred to the scholarship laureates
Deadline: 15 January 2014
How to apply for Scholarships administered by Chalmers
It is obligatory to submit an application for the selected Master’s programme/s on University Admissions prior to making a scholarship application. Only then will you be able to obtain your individual application number and the priority order (your choice of Master’s programme/s) which must be at hand when starting the online Scholarship application. A personal link to the scholarship application portal will be sent to you via email once you have submitted some key information via the link in section 8.
Note! If you do not have all necessary information at hand to complete all steps of the electronic application form, your scholarship application will not be considered.
- It is necessary to make an application for the selected Master’s programme/s on University Admissions prior to making a scholarship application. Your individual application number and your priority order (your choice of Master’s programme/s) must be at hand when starting the (on-line) Scholarship application.
- Please read the stipulated requirements for each of the scholarships thoroughly before submitting your application.
- You are encouraged to apply for scholarships as soon as possible since this will greatly expedite the assessment process. There is, however, no correlation between how early an application is made and the likelihood of receiving a scholarship, provided that the application has been submitted by 15 January 2013.
- The electronic application form is used only to apply for scholarships awarded by Chalmers.
- The applicant may apply for multiple scholarships provided that the eligibility requirements are fullfilled.
- All submitted data must be verifiable against the required documents received by University Admissions in Sweden (as part of the application procedure for Master’s programmes). The only exception is additional data* required by Chalmers when applying for the Sievert Larsson Scholarship (Thai citizens only).
- Scholarship applicants are encouraged to submit a letter of intent/motivation to the universtiyadmissions.se address for supporting documents That is, the letter of intent submitted as a part of an applicants programme application will also be taken into consideration when assessing scholarship applicants.
Apply for the Master’s programmes separately
- Scholarship applications will only be processed after the corresponding application for Master’s programmes onUniversity Admissions has been completed (incl. the required documentation verifying eligibility).
- The Master’s programmes application fee must have been paid (read more at University Admissions).
- All data entered in the scholarship application form at chalmers.se must be verifiable by the
- required documents received by University Admissions in Sweden (as part of the application procedure for Master’s programmes.
- Only applicants fulfilling the eligibility requirements for the Master´s programmes applied for are considered for a scholarship.