Austrian Database for Scholarships and Research Grants
Ernst Mach Follow-up Grant (EZA)
Country of origin:
Afghanistan; Algeria; Angola; Anguilla; Antigua and Barbuda; Argentina; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Botswana; Brazil; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Republic; Chad; Chile; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo; Congo – Democratic Republic of the; Cook Islands; Costa Rica; Cote D’Ivoire; Cuba; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Grenada; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iran – Islamic Republic of; Iraq; Jamaica; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea – Democratic People’s Republic of; Kyrgyzstan; Lao People’s Democratic Republic; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mexico; Micronesia – Federated States of; Mongolia; Montserrat; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nauru; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Niue; Pakistan; Palau; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; Saint Helena; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Senegal; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Suriname; Swaziland; Syrian Arab Republic; Tajikistan; Tanzania – United Rebublic of; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tokelau; Tonga; Tunisia; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uganda; Uruguay; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Venezuela; Viet Nam; Wallis and Futuna; West Bank and Gaza Strip; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe
Area of study or research:
Human Medicine, Health Sciences
Detailed type of grant:
PhD holders, post docs
Authority awarding grant:
OeAD-GmbH/ICM on behalf of and financed by the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economics – BMWFW
Grant benefit paid:
1) Monthly grant rate: 1,040 EUR
2) If necessary, the OeAD-GmbH will take out an accident and health insurance on behalf of the grant recipient.
3) The OeAD-GmbH will endeavour to provide accommodation (student hall of residence or flat) for recipients of grants who wish to get accommodation arranged by the OeAD. Monthly costs: 220 to 470 EUR (depending on how much comfort the recipients of grants want). An administration fee of 18 EUR per month is payable to the OeAD-GmbH for arranging accommodation. The costs for insurance and accommodation have to be paid out of the grant by the recipient of the grant.
4) Scholarship holders will receive a travel costs subsidy of 730 EUR maximum.
Closing date for applications:
Where to submit your application:
online at www.scholarships.at only
only online at www.scholarships.at. A hardcopy application is NOT possible.
Advice on how to apply:
Applications are open to postdocs who are pursuing research or teaching at a higher education institution / university and who were in receipt of a grant of the Republic of Austria which was administered by the OeAD-GmbH (formerly ÖAD). At the time of taking up the grant at least 5 years must have passed since the last scholarship-supported study or research stay in Austria.
: 50 years
For the application deadline October 1, 2014: born after October 1st, 1963Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
Grants in this programme can only be applied for every 5 years.
The following documents have to be uploaded together with the online application at www.scholarships.at:
• Consent of the academic partner in Austria
• Scan of your passport (page with the name and photo)
• Proof of employment by the home institution
• Incomplete applications and applications not complying with the application criteria will not be taken into account!
• The selection process for all grants for Austria is competitive, i.e. there is no legal claim to a grant even if all application requirements are fulfilled.
• Applicants should take into consideration § 1 of the Data Protection Act, Federal Law Gazette of the Republic of Austria No. 165/1999, as amended, that the personal details contained in the application will be passed on to the authority dealing with their application, the contractual partners, the Federal Ministry for European and International Affairs as well as to other authorities awarding grants in Austria and will expressly agree with that.
Selection process: After examination of the formal criteria and assessment by an expert in the specific field an expert committee will select the beneficiaries of the grant.
The selection committee examines and assesses the applications according to the following criteria:
• Purpose of your stay
• Why did you choose the specific target institution in Austria?
• Added value of the stay for the partner countries concerned
(establishment and/or continuation of institutional cooperation)
• Prior teaching and research activities