Committed to the advancement of the profession
The scholarships are part of the Global Alliance’s commitment to educational programs which support its institutional goals. “As communication becomes an increasingly global profession, the Global Alliance aims to support promising communicators who seek both international education and a global network,” said Daniel Tisch, Chairman of the Global Alliance. “Serving the strategic goals of the Global Alliance, the scholarship enables four participants to benefit from USI Università della Svizzera italiana’s renowned international Executive Master of Science in Communications Management and its multinational faculty. We hope these scholars will help us advance the communications profession.
The Global Alliance scholarships, based on financial need, are available to applicants who do not receive employer assistance in funding their executive education and, furthermore, are a member of a GA member in their capacity as an individual or through their employer.
Candidates have to:
- Have a minimum of 5 years work experience
- Work in communication
- Live and work outside of Switzerland
- Be fully self- funding their EMScom education
Each scholarship totals CHF 24,500, half of the tuition for EMScom, and will be deducted from the total fee for the program.
Scholarship application deadline
November 30, 2013
How to apply
To proceed with the GA Scholarship application, please follow these three steps:
- Candidates first need to apply to the Executive MScom Program (www.emscom.usi.ch) before they apply for the GA scholarship. The EMScom application deadline is January 15, 2014 – but the program works on a rolling admission policy, so please make sure that you are admitted to the EMScom (non-binding) before November 30, 2013.
- The GA scholarship application needs to be sent electronically and in hard copy to the Global Alliance by November 30, 2013 at the latest. The candidate might be convoked for an interview by one Global Alliance Board member.
Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Managementc/o USI Università della Svizzera italiana
Via Giuseppe Buffi 13
- The final decision concerning the scholarship will be communicated to the candidate by December 15, 2013. The candidate has 5 (five) working days to decide whether he/she accepts the scholarship.
A joint Global Alliance – EMScom committee will define qualitative criteria for the assignment of the scholarships, which will be made public through the two organizations’ websites.