Vu, Human Computer Interaction (CS408) Assignment #1, 29-04-2013
Human computer Interaction (CS408)
Assignment # 1
Total marks = 10
Please carefully read the following instructions before attempting the assignment.
Rules for Marking
It should be clear that your assignment would not get any credit if:
- The assignment is submitted after due date.
- The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
- The assignment is copied. Note that strict action would be taken if the submitted assignment is copied from any other student. Both students will be treated equally.
1) You should concern recommended books to clarify your concepts as handouts are not sufficient.
2) You are supposed to submit your assignment in .doc format. Any other formats like scan images, PDF, Zip, rar, bmp, docx etc will not be accepted
3) You are advised to upload your assignment before Due date.
4) This assignment file comprises of Two (2) pages.
Assignment comprises of 10 Marks. Note that no assignment will be accepted after due date via email in any case. Hence, refrain from uploading assignment in the last hour of the deadline, and try to upload Solutions at least 01 day before the deadline to avoid inconvenience later on.
For any query please contact: CS408@vu.edu.pk
Consider a fully automatic Car System, which is used by the user in order to perform different tasks related to car usage. Let’s take some part of this system for our assignment in which driver uses only three modules i.e. “open the appropriate door”, “start the car” “switch off car” and finally “close the door”.
For a moment, let’s suppose there is a naïve user of this fully automated car system, who wants to go through this whole process. He has a remote control in his hand. Remote control consists of control panel. Every button in control panel has some specific functionality, where numbers of buttons are displayed labeled; “1”, “2”, “3” , “4” along with “Door Open” & “Door close”, “Switch on” & Switch off” etc. In another panel guidelines are given about how to handle the Car.
Before going through all discussed stages of this system, he focuses on the remote control buttons and press “1” then presses another button, “Door open”, he finds that the driving seat door has opened up. He sits there and press “Door Close” button. Then, he again thinks for a moment and press “Switch on” button to start the car. He finds that car in now in active state (started). He drives the car and after some time reaches at desired location. Finally he presses “Switch off” button to deactivate (switch off) the car. He again opens up respective door by following the same process as discussed above and comes out of the car.
Map the human processor model and all its parts (Components) that come into play, on above scenario.
Note: Before attempting the assignment, go through the Human processor model and all its parts.