The Government of Cuba has offered one Medicine undergraduate scholarship for Pakistani nationals for the Academic Year 2017/18
The Government of Cuba has offered one Medicine undergraduate scholarship for Pakistani nationals for the Academic Year 2017/18.
BASIC ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- At least 70% marks in both F.Sc. /A level (Pre-Medical) & SSC/Matric (O level)
- Age between 17-21 years as on closing date of the advertisement.
- Final selection will be based on open Merit.
Duration 07 years (One year Spanish language course, five years of medicine studies followed by one year house job).
The Government of Cuba will borne tuition fees, hostel accommodation and Stipend 100 Cuban Pesos per month, whereas HEC will provide return airfare once during the entire study programme. The other living expenses, like provision of Halal food may be borne by the student/guardian.
- Apply online at HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa. After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in left hand side panel of the online portal. After submission of the application, get its printed copy. Attach deposit slip of Rs. 300/- (in original) through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd (HBL), Pakistan.
- Attach attested copies of following documents with HEC application form (printed copy).
- SSC Certificate with IBCC attestation OR O-Level Certificate (Science Group) with IBCC equivalence
- F.Sc. Certificate with IBCC attestation / A-Level Certificate (Pre-Medical) with IBCC equivalence
- One attested passport size recent photograph.
- Birth Certificate issued by NADRA only
- Father or Guardian’s CNIC.
- Photocopy of valid passport (validity more than 06 months)
- Medical Certificate issued by District Head Quarter Government Hospital and further attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) at their respective provincial head quarter offices or Islamabad.
Send the filled online application copy along with all the required documents on the address given below, by or before 31st March 2017.
Important Note: Incomplete applications without above required documents will be rejected thoroughly, without any further communication by HEC. After successful completion of undergraduate degree programme in Medicine from Cuba, the candidate will be required to appear in NEB Examination and must fulfill all the laid down requirements of foreign graduates for registration with PM&DC, Islamabad. Further, it will be the sole responsibility of student(s) applying for any professional degree (viz. Medical) to first get confirmed its accreditation from the respective Council i.e. Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC)