How to Apply for Yousef Jameel ’68 PhD in Applied Sciences and Engineering Fellowships in Egypt, 2017
- Open to all nationalities
- Master of science degree with a thesis track in an engineering or science discipline from an accredited university
- Submission of a preliminary proposed dissertation topic and a research outline
- Minimum grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale or very good (gayed geddan)
- Submission of a graduate application and all related documents as required by the AUC graduate admission procedures
- Submission of a satisfactory GRE score and a satisfactory English proficiency test score (TOEFL iBT, or IELTS)
- Relevant scientific research background
One year to be renewed upon satisfactory academic performance as reviewed and assessed by the School of Sciences and Engineering
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees coverage for one year
- Student services and activities fee
- A monthly stipend
The program mandates a full-time research position at the AUC PhD program with no outside professional or job commitments. In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned 30 hours per week of assigned research and teaching work in the department that include nine hours of teaching assistance.
Applications and all supporting documents should be submitted by April 15. Fellowships begin the following fall semester in September.
For inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.