University of Kent UK, offers New PhD Scholarships in Social Sciences 2017
Dora Harvey Memorial Research Scholarship
Tuition fees at the home/EU rate
- A generous donation has been received by the University of Kent in memory of Dora Harvey.
- The purpose of the gift is to help support a full-time research student in Social Sciences.
- This scholarship will cover tuition fees at the home/EU rate, and is renewable for a maximum of three years subject to satisfactory academic performance.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent at merit or distinction level in a relevant subject.
- The scholarship competition is open to postgraduate research applicants in the Faculty of Social Sciences only.
- Full-time UK, EU and overseas fee paying students are invited to apply.
- Applicants must have received an offer to study in the Faculty of Social Sciences by the scholarship deadline or be a currently registered full-time PhD student at the University of Kentfor the following academic year (2017/18).
How to apply
New applicants to Kent should apply via their KentVision portal at: https://evision.kent.ac.uk
You will be asked to upload a CV in your portal.
Current Kent PhD students should email the following documents firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research proposal of approximately 2,000 words.
- TWO academic references (on official headed paper) that include:
- full name and status/title of referee.
- name, address and telephone number of their institution or place of work.
- details of referee’s relationship to the applicant.
- full name of the applicant.
- Note: references from University of Kent academic staff may be emailed from their University email account. Under the UK Data Protection Act 1998, references received by the University may be disclosed to the applicant.
- Note: It is your responsibility to ensure that references are received by Scholarships Unit before the deadline below. Please allow sufficient time for your academic referees to submit your references.
24 April 2017