PPSC SYLLABUS FOR AGRICULTURAL OFFICER / FARM MANAGER (BS-17)
AGRICULTURAL OFFICER / FARM MANAGER (BS-17) ON CONTRACT BASIS FOR THE PERIOD OF 05 YEARS AND FURTHER EXTENDABLE SUBJECT TO SATISFACTORY PERFORMANCE ON ALL PUNJAB BASIS IN THE EXTENSION AND A.R WING OF PUNJAB AGRICULTURE DEPARTMENT. (CASE NO. 36F2016)
One paper MCQ Type Written Test comprising questions on the following syllabus has been approved which is as under:-
One paper MCQ Type Written Test comprising job description and prescribed qualification.
1. AGRICULTURAL OFFICER: (EXTENSION)
1. To supervise the work of all Field Assistants under his command to check their regular work/schedule.
2. To visit the fruit & vegetable farmers and provide necessary guidance. He will meet the Field Assistants in the field. For this supervisory assignment, he will follow fixed touring schedule.
3. To supervise and guide the Field Assistants under his control in laying out of fruit & vegetable demonstration plots, according to the approved layout plan given by the DDA/HO in consultation with the Research Experts. During his fixed touring schedule he will regularly check and inspect demonstration plots and record his impressions as well as supervisory observations
4 To arrange farmer’s gatherings with the assistance of concerned Field Assistant, at all demonstration plots at least once in a season.
5. To select at least 100 contact farmers of his own in addition to contact farmers of Field Assistants. These would be enlightened progressive and educated farmers capable of undertaking transfer of technology to other farmers in turn.
6. To monitor the supply of inputs in his jurisdiction and report to his seniors in case of any short supply of the inputs.
7. To ensure prompt communication to the higher authorities about unusual phenomena occurring in his jurisdiction.
8 To survey and maintain fruit & vegetable statistics of the area.
9. To maintain the fruit nurseries statistics of the area.
10. To compile and submit prescribed reports about fruit & vegetable production program to his higher office.