University Peshawar Admission Notice (MS/M.Phil., Ph.D. and MS/M.Phil. leading to Ph.D.) for the Session 2015-2016 (Spring Semester)
Applications on prescribed form, obtainable from the UBL, University Campus Branch, for admission to MS/MPhil, PhD. and MPhil leading to PhD Programme, in the following disciplines for the Session 2015-16 (Spring Semester) are invited, so as to reach the Directorate of Admissions by 27.01.2016.
|S.No||Name of Discipline||Admission Offered|
MS/M.Phil. Leading to PhD
|3||Urban & Regional Planning||–||10||05|
|4||Education & Research (IER)||–||25||10|
|7||Plant Biodiversity||Limited seats in M.Phil & PhD Programme|
|9||Chemistry||10 Seats in M.Phil & 02 in PhD in Fuel Chemistry|
|11||Geography||MS = 10
M.Phil = 10
|12||Mathematics||Limited seats in MS/M.Phil leading to PhD & PhD|
|19.||Area Study Centre||10 to 15 seats in M.Phil/M.Phil leading to PhD & PhD Programme|
|20.||*NCE in Geology||–||–||12|
* NCE in Geology will enroll students in the following disciplines:
- Scrutiny of papers by the concerned departments/institutes/Centres and remittance of fee 1st to 5th February, 2016.
- (The concerned Departments may adopt proper procedure for short listing of eligible candidates & subsequent selection within the given time frame)
MS, MPhil, M.Phil. leading to Ph.D.
- Relevant Master’s degree / 4-years education after intermediate (130 Credit hours), with a minimum CGPA 2.5 in Semester System or 2nd Division in Annual System.
- Candidate must pass Screening Test conducted by the Institute/Centre/Department/College by securing at least 60% marks.
- Candidates having MS/M.Phil / 18 years education with a CGPA 3.0 in Semester System or 1st Division in Annual System.
- Candidate must pass Screening Test conducted by the Institute/Centre/Department/ College by securing at least 70% marks.
- Candidates employed in any Government or Semi-Government Department/Organization must submit No Objection Certificate from the concerned Department/Organization within 30 days after initial selection failing which the selection will be deemed to have lapsed.
- Provision of hostel accommodation is not mandatory and is subject to availability of seats
- In case of ambiguity about eligibility, the opinion of the Graduate Studies Committee of the concerned department may be taken into consideration.
- Schedule for Test/Interview/Scrutiny of papers and remittance of fee will be given by each Deptt/Centers/Institute within the period between 1st to 5th February, 2016.