PPSC Syllabus for ASSISTANT AGRICULTURAL CHEMIST / DISTRICT OFFICER (SOIL FERTILITY)/ASSISTANT SOIL FERTILITY OFFICER (BS-18)
PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVIC COMMISSION
Subject: RECRUITMENT TO 06 POSTS OF ASSISTANT AGRICULTURAL CHEMIST / DISTRICT OFFICER (SOIL FERTILITY)/ASSISTANT SOIL FERTILITY OFFICER (BS-18) ON CONTRACT BASIS FOR THE PERIOD OF 05 YEARS ON ALL PUNJAB BASIS IN THE RESEARCH WING OF PUNJAB AGRICULTURE DEPARTMENT, LAHORE.____________________________________________________________________
One paper MCQ type test will be conducted according to the following syllabus:
One paper MCQ Type Written Test comprising job description and prescribed qualification.
DUTIES OF THE POST OF ASSISTANT AGRICULTURAL CHEMISTS/ DISTRICT OFFICERS
1. Assistance to the concerned Chemists / Specialists in planning and implementation of research programs relating to soil plant relationship, fertilizer requirement, fertilizer (macro & micro) use efficiency of arable, garden & vegetable crops on research farm as well as on farmer’s field.
2. To assist concerned Chemists in conducting research on physical properties of soils, salinity/ sodicity and fertility-assay soil conservation and formulate recommendations.
3. To assist concerned Chemists in conducting survey and classification of salt affected soils and development of reclamation technology for sick soils.
4. Training of junior scientists in their specific field.
5. Writing of technical reports.
6. Dissemination of improved technologies to the extension workers through refreshers courses, raid & T.V. talks and leaflets.
7. To undertake day to day assisgnments.
M.Sc. Agriculture/M.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture (2nd Division) in Agriculture Chemistry/Soil Science earned after B.Sc.. Agriculture/B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture from a recognized University/Institute with 03 years experience of research in Agricultre Chmistry/ Soil Science acquired after M.Sc Agriculture/ M.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture.