Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme Session 2015-16 (For Education Department)
The Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme is a grant funded by the Scottish Government, specifically in order to create opportunities for young women in Pakistan to be able to pursue higher education at the post-graduate level. The scheme aims to facilitate and provide assistance to young women from disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue a Masters’ degree in Pakistani universities.
The scheme has been initiated in response to the identified need of young women in the country who are deprived of the resources and opportunities to pursue and continue their education, and as a consequence to enable them to contribute positively to their community and society.
The Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme will facilitate the award-holders with the following incentives:
- Tuition fee for the Masters courses
- University hostel costs
- Subsistence to the award-holder
- Travel to and from home to the university, three times in a year Who can apply the duration of the proposed Masters’ programme.
The Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme is only for female applicants. Candidates should:
- Be Pakistani nationals, currently residing in Pakistan
- Be no more than 35 years old
- Planning to undertake a one or two-year Masters’ programme only
- Holding a confirmed offer of admission from a HEC-recognized university in Pakistan
- Candidates from rural areas are encouraged to apply for the Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme.
- This will not cover M. Phil or PhD courses.
Candidates should hold an admission offer for two-year Masters’ programme at any HEC-recognized university of Pakistan in only the subject areas listed below. Applications in other subject areas will not be considered.
- Sustainable Energy
- Food Security and Agriculture
Required documents (to be attached)
Copy of CNIC/Form‘B’ (Student & Parents/Guardian)
Salary slip of Parents/Guardian (in case of Govt./Private Sector Employee; Pension slip (in case of retired from Govt.Service)
Copy of certificate/results sheet of most recently completed educational degree
* Applications may please be submitted to Students’ Financial Aid office on or before 12-10-2015.
The application form is available at Main Jee Photostat near Main Gate no. 02 Chenab Chowk GC University and GCUF website