PPSC SYLLABUS AGRICULTURAL OFFICER / FARM MANAGER / COTTON INSPECTOR (BS-17)
PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
SUBJECT: RECRUITMENT TO 175 (INCLUDING 64 POSTS RESERVED FOR WOMEN QUOTA, 17 POSTS RESERVED FOR DISABLED PERSONS AND 09 POSTS RESERVED FOR MINORITIES) POSTS OF AGRICULTURAL OFFICER / FARM MANAGER / COTTON INSPECTOR (BS-17) ON CONTRACT BASIS FOR THE PERIOD OF 05 YEARS AND FURTHER EXTENDABLE SUBJECT TO SATISFACTORY PERFORMANCE ON ALL PUNJAB BASIS IN THE EXTENSION AND A.R WING OF PUNJAB AGRICULTURE DEPARTMENT, LAHORE (Case No. 34F-2015)___________________________________________
One paper MCQ type test will be conducted according to the following syllabus:
One paper MCQ Type Written Test comprising job description and prescribed qualification.
1. AGRICULTURAL OFFICER: (EXTENSION)
1. To supervise the work of all Field Assistants under his command to check their regular work/schedule.
2. To visit contact farmers and provide necessary guidance. He will meet the Field Assistants in the field. For this supervisory assignment, he will follow fixed touring schedule.
3. To supervise and guide the Field Assistants under his control in laying out the demonstration center/ plots, according to the approved layout plan given by the concerned DOA in consultation with the A.R.Experts. During his fixed touring schedule he will regularly check and inspect demonstration center/ plots and record his impressions as well as supervisory observations. 4. To arrange farmer’s gatherings with the assistance of concerned Field Assistant, at all demonstration centres atleast once in a season.
5. To select at least 24 contact farmers of his own in addition to contact farmers of Field Assistants. These would be enlightened progressive and educated farmers capable of undertaking transfer of technology to other farmers in turn.
6. To monitor the supply of inputs in his jurisdiction and report to his seniors in case of any short supply of the inputs.
7. To ensure prompt communication to the higher authorities about unusual phenomena occurring in his jurisdiction.
8. To maintain Agriculture statistics of the area.
9. To compile and submit prescribed reports about crop production programme to his higher office.
10. To implement Rabi & Kharif production plans.
2. FARM MANAGER:
1. To prepare the Crop Plan for the Farm area and arrange timely approval before implementation.
2. To prepare seed multiplication plan of various crops according to the ecological zones.
3. To keep the farm as Demonstration Centre for the farming community.
4. To maintain record of farm as per prescribed forms.
5. To arrange periodical Farmer Training Programme at the farm.
6. To participate in Village Level Farmer Training Programme arranged by Filed Assistants.
7. To arrange timely inputs and auction of farm produce.
8. To submit Feed Back on Researchable Problems and other Agriculture related activities.
9. To interact (Horizontal & Vertical) with all Extension related agencies.
10. Any other duty assigned time to time by the higher ups.
3. COTTON INSPECTOR:
1. To implement Cotton Control Act and take necessary action against the defaulters.
2. To submit periodical reports to the higher ups.
3. To conduct varietals survey of cotton to assess the cultivation of prohibited / un-approved varieties.
4. To maintain factory wise production of bales in his jurisdiction.
5. To train / educate cotton farmers in approved Cotton Crop Production Technology.
6. To interact (Horizontal & Vertical) will all cotton stakeholders.
7. To inform higher ups regarding any hazard / un-rest situation.
8. Any other duty assigned time to time by the higher ups.
M.Sc Agriculture/B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture, (Agronomy/Plant Breeding & Genetics/Soil Science/Entomology/Plant Pathology/Food Technology/ Horticulture/Agriculture Extension Education/Agriculture Economics/ Agriculture & Resource Economics/Farm Management/Plant Protection) having at least 2nd Division from a recognized University or Institution.