University of Peshawar Admission Notice of MS/ M.Phil., Ph.D & MS/ M.Phil. leading to Ph.D for the Session 2015-2016 (Fall Semester)
Applications on prescribed form, obtainable from the UBL, University Campus Branch, for admission to MS/MPhil, PhD. and MPhil leading to PhD Programme, in the following disciplines for the Session 2015-16 (Fall Semester) are invited, so as to reach the Directorate of Admissions by 14.09.2015.
|S.No||Name of Discipline||Admission Offered|
|MS/M.Phil||MS/M.Phil Leading to PhD||PhD|
|3||Biotechnology & Microbiology||20||07||11|
|10||Geography||MS = 15
M.Phil = 10
|11||Geology (Specified Field)||04||–||02|
|15||Journalism & Mass Communication||11||–||05|
|18||Peace & Conflict||10||05||–|
|20||Plant Biodiversity||Limited Seats in M.Phil & Ph.D|
|24||Social Work||Limited Seats in M.Phil & PhD Programme|
|26||Urban & Regional Planning (URP)||05||05||05|
|29||Area Study Centre||10-15 in M.Phil leading to PhD and PhD Programme|
|30||**NCE in Geology||40||–||10|
|31||NCE in Physical Chemistry||20||–||12|
|32||Pakistan Study Centre||–||10||–|
|33||Shaykh Zayed Islamic Centre||–||10||–|
* Institute of Chemical Sciences will enroll students with the following break up:
|S.No||Section||MS/M.Phil||M.Phil Leading to PhD||PhD|
** NCE in Geology will enroll students with the following break up:
|S.No||Program||MS/M.Phil||M.Phil Leading to PhD||PhD|
- Scrutiny of papers by the concerned departments/institutes/Centres and remittance of fee 17th to 22nd September, 2015.
- (The concerned Departments may adopt proper procedure for short listing of eligible candidates & subsequent selection within the given time frame)
MS, MPhil, M.Phil leading to PhD
- Relevant Master’s degree / 4-years education after intermediate (130 Credit hours), with a minimum CGPA 2.5 in Semester System or 2nd Division in Annual System.
- Candidate must pass Screening Test conducted by the Institute/Centre/Department/College by securing at least 60% marks.
- Candidates having MS/M.Phil / 18 years education with a CGPA 3.0 in Semester System or 1st Division in Annual System.
- Candidate must pass Screening Test conducted by the Institute/Centre/Department/ College by securing at least 70% marks.
- Candidates employed in any Government or Semi-Government Department/Organization must submit No Objection Certificate from the concerned Department/Organization within 30 days after initial selection failing which the selection will be deemed to have lapsed.
- Provision of hostel accommodation is not mandatory and is subject to availability of seats
- In case of ambiguity about eligibility, the opinion of the Graduate Studies Committee of the concerned department may be taken into consideration.
- Schedule for Test/Interview/Scrutiny of papers and remittance of fee will be given by each Deptt/Centers/Institute within the period between 12th to 22nd September, 2015.