The University of Melbourne Asian Development Bank (ADB) – Japan Scholarship Program (JSP)
Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) – Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) is funded by the Government of Japan to provide an opportunity for citizens of the Bank’s developing member countries to pursue postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields.
- a living allowance $15,300 per annum paid in fortnightly instalments;
- payment of tuition fees in full for the normal duration of a masters by coursework degree up to a maximum of two years;
- return economy airfare to Melbourne and back to home country at the completion of the scholarship;
- a contribution towards the cost of study; and
- payment of Overseas Student Health Cover
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- have received an unconditional offer of place for the Master of International Business, Master of Engineering, Master of Economics, Master of Public Health, Master of Agribusiness, Master of Agricultural Science, Master of Forest Ecosystem Science, or Master of Business Administration by the 31 October;
- be a citizen of the Asia Development Bank’s developing member countries
- have at least two years full-time professional work experience;
- be aged 35 years or under at the time of assessment;
- not have already completed a master degree or previously studies overseas; and
- be living and working in your home country
You do not need to submit an application for this scholarship. If you have applied for a course at the University, you will be automatically considered for this scholarship.
The University will select eligible students in November for nomination to the Asia Development Bank on the basis of academic merit.
Successful students will be notified via email in January.
Opens: 1 January 2015
Closes: 31 October 2015