SYLLABUS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION INSPECTORS FOR INSERVICE SUB- INSPECTORS IN POLICE DEPARTMENT. KPK PSC
SYLLABUS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION
INSPECTORS FOR INSERVICE SUB- INSPECTORS IN POLICE DEPARTMENT.
The applicants will go through the Competitive Examination as per syllabus given bellow:-
|S.NO||SUBJECTS||TOTAL MARKS||QUALIFYING MARKS|
|1.||Selected parts of Major Acts.||100||40%|
|2.||Selected parts of local and special laws||100||40%|
|3.||Selected parts of police laws and rules||100||40%|
|4.||Police Practical Work (PPW)
|5.||Forensics and Medical Jurisprudence||50||40%|
|6.||Intelligence and Surveillance||50||40%|
|7.||Human Rights and Fundamental Rights as given in the Constitution of Pakistan.||50||40%|
|8.||Modern Policing Concepts (only for promotion to the rank of Inspector)||50||40%|
|9.||English essay writing and comprehension||50||40%|
|10.||Pakistan Affair/General Knowledge/Islamic Studies.
Additional 25 marks shall be given to the eligible candidates as per following details:
|(a)||Quaid-e-Azam Police Medal(QPM)/ Pakistan Police Medal (PPM)
|(b)||Commendation Certificate – I(CC-1)||01 mark for each Commendation Certificate-1 (Maximum 10 marks)
|(c)||Good Conduct||05 marks for clean service record with no minor punishment during the last three years. One mark shall be deducted for each minor punishment.
Detailed Syllabus for Competitive Examination for Inspectors (In-service Sub- Inspectors) In Police Department.
- Selected Parts of Major Acts: 100 Marks
|S.No.||Subject||Section of Law||Marks|
|1.||PPC||75,99,100, 111,112, 107, 120A, 120 B, 121, 123, 123B, 131, 153A&B, 161, 186, 189, 191, 192, 193, 211, 218, 224, 295A , 299, 301, 302, 310, 310A, 314, 315,316,318,319,322, 323, 333, 334, 337N, 353, 354A, 365A, 365B, 370, 371 A&B, 377M, 386, 396, 409, 419, 420, 436, 452, 457, 460, 462B, 468, 496B, 498B, 508
Offences against property 9,10,14,17,17(3), 20
Prohibition order 3, 4, 8, 11
|2.||CrPC||5,14A,31,42, 46,52,53, 58, 68, 83,86A, 87,102, 92, 106,109,110, 131, 131A,145, 156,157, 161,156, 173, 176, 190, 227,239, 265K, 338, 403, 464,491,496, 497, 497, 510,511, 514, 514 B, 516A,540,551||25 Marks|
|3.||QSO||7,15,16,18, 40, 42, 46, 53, 59, 72,78,85,90,113,117, 126, 132, 134, 136, 140, 141, 144, 151, 158||15 Marks|
|4.||ATA||6, 7, 11EE, 11EEE, 11EEEEE, 11H,11K, 11W, 19, 21E, 21EE, 21H, 21M, 27, 28,37, 38||10 Marks|
|5.||PoPA||(i) Protection of Pakistan Act-2014: (3, 5, 6, 24)
(ii) Fair Trial Act 2014 (5, 8, 9,16, 22)
(iii) 21th Amendment of Constitution of Pakistan: (2, 3)
|The candidates shall be required to answer questions pertaining to following three aspects of PLD Cases:-
i. Brief facts of case 5 Marks
ii. Facts in issue 5 Marks
iii. Courts decisions 5 Marks
The questions shall be related to the following 06 PLD cases
1. 2011 SCMR 705, Khan Muhammad and others vs The State (Recovery case, supported by witnesses).
2. 2011 SCMR 613, Nasrullah Khan and others vs The State (FSL report, identification parade, circumstantial evidence).
3. 2007 Supreme Court 539, Muhammad Bashir vs Station House officer, Okara Cantt. (Registration of FIR).
4. 2012 SCMR 109, Mushtaq and others vs The State. (Confession not relied).
5. 2010 SCMR 806, Muhammad Sultan vs The State (Bogus Cheque 489(F) PPC)
6. 2012 MLD 770, Mst. Nasreen Bibi vs The State (Prosecution witness)
- Selected Parts of Local & Special Laws 100 Marks
Part-I 50 Marks
|S.No.||Subject||Section of Laws|
|1.||CNS Act 1997||2, 8, 9, 11, 20, 21, 37|
|2.||Electricity Act 1910||39,44,49|
|3.||Foreigner Act 1946||8,14,14B,14C|
|4.||Pure Food Ord: 1960||6,20,23|
|5.||Motor Vehicle Ordinance 1965||3,4,7,25,32,35,44, 70,75,79,82,98, 113,106,112,116A|
|6.||Motor Vehicle Rules 1969||5,8,14,23,35A,39,44,45, 93, 99,103,117,193,203|
|7.||Identification of Prisoner Act 1920||3,4,6|
|8.||Forest Act||26,26A,33,35,42,52,55, 64,64A|
|9.||Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Prohibition of Firing Act 1998||3,4,5|
|10.||Telegraph Act 1885||25B ,25C, 25D|
|11.||Prevention of Corruption Act 1947||5,5 B&C|
|13||Gambling Act 1978||3,4,5,5A,8|
Part-II 50 Marks
|S.No.||Subject||Sections of Law|
|1.||Illegal Dispossession Act 2005||4,5,8|
|2.||Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Sensitive and Vulnerable Establishment & Places Act 2015||3,5,9,12|
|3.||Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Restriction of Rented Buildings (Security) Act 2014||3,4,5,6|
|4.||Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Hotel Restriction (Security) Act 2014||3,4,9|
|5.||Arms Act 2013||4,6,7,10,13,15,16,20|
|6.||Right to Information Act 2013||3,6,7,14,16|
|7.||Right to Public Services Act 2014||3,4,9,11,16,20|
- Selected Parts of Police Laws/Rules: 100 Marks
Part-I 50 Marks
|Police Rules 1934
|Chapter 1 Rules 5,10,11,12
Chapter 2 Rules 2,4
Chapter 3 Rules 28,31
Chapter 4 Rules 4,6,9,10, 21,29
Chapter 5 Rules 12,16,18
Chapter 6 Rules 3,8,10,10(2),13,19,22, 23,29,30
Chapter 8 Rules 5,6,8, 10,13,14
Chapter 11 Rules 5,13,14
Chapter 12 Rules 2,7, 8,21,26,31,43
Chapter 13 Rules 1,2,4,10,12,15,16,17,18,19
Chapter 14 Rules 4,11(A), 12,17,55
Chapter 15 Rules 5,7
Chapter 17 Rules 2
Chapter 18 Rules 2,4,6, 20,30, 38,39, 42,44
Chapter 19 Rules 9,11,19, 25, 27, 54
Chapter 20 Rules 5,8
Chapter 21 Complete Chapter
Chapter 22 Rules 1,4,16,18,45,50, 59, 64,65,70,76
Chapter 23 Rules 1,4,5, 7,8,9,13,15,16,19, 22,23
Chapter 24 Rules 1,3,4,5(1),13, 7,12
Chapter 25 Rules 1,3,4,6,7,11,13, 14,15,16,19,21, 22,25, 27,31, 33,35, 36,54,56, 57
Chapter 26 Rules 1,3,4,6,7,8,13,21,31
Chapter 27 Rules 38,39
Part-II 50 Marks
|S.No.||Subject||Section of Law|
|1.||Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Police Rules 1975 (as amended 2014)||Complete Rules|
|2.||Rules regarding Confirmation
|Police Rules Chapter 13 Rule 18|
|3.||Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Sub-Inspector and Inspector (Promotion & Selection) Rules, 2014 (Fast Track Promotion Rules)|
|4.||Police Order 2002||3, 4, 7, 10, 14, 21, 29, 32, 33, 44, 80, 83, 92, 100, 111, 112, 113, 114, 118, 119, 120, 121, 123, 125, 131,134, 135, 154, 155, 157, 160, 165,168,171, 178,185|
|5.||Policy Guidelines 2014
(Issued by Central Police Office)
|6.||Operational Guidelines 2014
(Issued by Central Police Office)
|1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27|
|7.||Standing Orders (Issued by Central Police Office)||Standing Orders issued in 2014-15.|
- Police Practical Work 100 Marks
- Candidates shall have to prepare complete Police and Judicial case files; starting from Murasila upto challan. The files to be prepared shall pertain to any one of the following offences:
Murder, Dacoity/Robbery, Kidnapping for Ransom, Extortion, Terrorism, Rape/Zina.
Note: The candidates shall be expected to be well versed in the following procedures to successfully qualify the Case File Preparation examination:
- Road certificate (Form 10-17).
- Index (tafseel kaghazat).
- Statement of the informant (fard bayan).
- First Information Report (parcha ibtadai ittala’I report).
- Remand form/orders, if any.
- Warrants and orders relating to absconders and details of their properties if any.
- Orders pertaining to bail, recognizance etc.
- Responsibilities of Investigating Officer at Crime Scene.
- Evidence collection.
- Securing and preserving of crime scene.
- Rough crime scene sketch (naqsha muqa).
- Site plan according to scale—where made.
- Recovery Memo (fard maqboozgi/fard baramdgi).
- Expert reports, if any.
- Inquest report, in cases of suspicious deaths.
- Inquiry statement in Form 25.39, if any.
- Medico legal/autopsy report, if any.
- Inquiry reports, if any.
- Attestation Certificate in Form 26.7 (1) seeking previous criminal record 87, if applicable.
- Identity parade proceedings (Karvai shanakht parade), if held.
- Charge sheet slip (saza slip) in form 27.21 (1) (a).
- Statement of witnesses under section 161 Cr.PC.
- Statement under section 164 in original.
- Documentary evidence.
- Charge sheet in Form 25.56 (1), in case of challan.
- Cancellation reort in Form 25.57 (2), in case of cancellation (report ikhraj).
- Case closure report in form 25.57 (2), in case of case closure (report adampata).
- All forms filled at the crime scene, like visitor’s log, etc.
- Case diaries (ziminis) 25.54 (1).
- Forensics & Medical Jurisprudence 50 Marks
- 20 Marks
- Definition of evidence
- Types of evidence
- Disputed documents
- Marks of tools
- Firearm weapons, types and parts
- Principles to indentify firearms
- Knowing the distance of fire
- Knowing the direction of fire
- Taking/tracing foot prints
- Refurbishing digits/characters removed from surface of metal
- Blood spots
- Body hairs
- Sperms spots
- Fibers, clothes, ropes
- Marks of tyres
- Cellular Forensics 15 Marks
- Orientation of cellular forensics including analysis of CDR, IMEI, mobile phone data and their utilization in investigations
Introduction to IT based Investigation Gadgets and Skills including:
- Identity Verification System (IVS)
- Vehicle Verification System (VVS)
- Criminal Record Verification (CRVS)
- Geo Tagging
iii. Medical Jurisprudence 15 Marks
- Definition of death, signs of death, types of death, causes of death.
- Fracture & Dislocation of bones.
- Anti-mortem and post mortem
- Medico-legal report
- Rape/Unnatural offenses.
- Identification of age.
- Identification of sex.
- Poison and its types.
- Intelligence/surveillance 50 Marks
- Surveillance in general.
- Object of surveillance.
- Qualities of surveillance.
- Methods of surveillance.
- Foot surveillance.
- Methods of foot surveillance.
- Foot surveillance-practical suggestions.
- Testing and eluding foot surveillance.
- Mobile surveillance.
- Testing and eluding mobile surveillance.
- Static surveillance.
- Technical surveillance.
- Communication during surveillance.
- Latest trends in surveillance.
- Surveillance report.
- Intelligence and information.
- Intelligence cycle.
- Sources of information/intelligence.
- Types of sources.
- Overt sources of information/intelligence.
- Covert sources of information/intelligence.
- Overt sources-characteristics.
- Cultivation of sources.
- Report writing.
- Principles of report writing.
- Object and principle of security.
- Threats to security of information.
- Security of documents.
- Communication security.
- Factors affecting security of personnel.
- Concept of security in layers and invisible security.
- Protection of very important persons.
- Human Rights and Fundamental Rights as
given in the Constitution of Pakistan____ 50 Marks
|S.No.||Subject||Section of Law|
|1.||Constitution of Pakistan 1973||Articles 9, 10, 10A, 12,13, 15, 17, 19A, 20, 23, 25A, 26, 27,28|
|2.||Juvenile Justice System Ordinance (2000)||4,5,6,7,8,10,11|
|3.||Child Marriages Restraint Act,1929||4,5,6,8,9|
|4.||The protection against Harassment of Women at the Workplace 2010||3,4,7,10,11|
|5.||The Criminal Law (Second Amendment) Act, 2011||336 A, 336 B PPC|
|6.||The Criminal Law (Third Amendment) Act, 2011||310A, 402D, 498A, 498B, 498C PPC|
- Modern policing concepts. 50 Marks
Note. The candidates shall attempt two questions from the following concepts. Each question shall have 25 Marks. The question shall have two parts:
- Basic concept 10 Marks
- Application of the modern policing concept in practical policing and preparation of model in accordance with the concept. 15 Marks
- Target Hardening
- Zero Tolerance
- Intelligence Led Policing
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Community Policing
- Problem Oriented Policing
- Fire Brigade Policing
- Hotspot Policing
- English essay writing and comprehension 50 Marks
English Comprehension 15 Marks
Essay writing 15 Marks
Application writing: 10 Marks
- Court application for adjournment of case
- Application for appearing in Orderly Room
- Application for financial assistance
- Application for transfer
Report writing (Daily Diary Writing) 10 Marks
- Report of belongings lost
- Report of child disappearance
- Report writing at the end of patrolling
- Security checking report of school, banks, addas etc
- Pakistan Affairs/General Knowledge/Islamic Studies 100 Marks
- Pakistan Affairs. 40 Marks
- Geography of Pakistan including neighboring countries, mountain ranges, major rivers, major dams, crops
- Geography of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa including FATA, names of districts, names of adjacent Tribal Agencies
- Quaid-e-Azam’s 14 points 1929
- Alama Iqbal’s Address at Allaabad, 1930
- Pakistan Resolution, 1940
- Objectives Resolution 1949
- 18th Amendment to the Constitution of Pakistan 1973
- Kashmir Dispute
- Gawadar Project
- Challenges faced by the country
- Load shedding (Electricity & Gas)
- Un Employment
- Health & Polio
- General Knowledge 30 Marks
Important countries and capitals, important national and international personalities
Important currencies, continents, oceans, UNO, SAARC, OIC and important abbreviations
- Islamic Studies 30 Marks
- Basic concepts of Islam, including Tauheed, Prophethood, Quran, Sunnah, Hadith and Akhirat
- Rights of Women in Islam.
- Rights of Children, Prisoners, non-muslims, animals as ordained in Islam
- Computer Literacy 50 Marks
- This shall be a practical examination and the candidates shall be expected to have proficiency in the following:-
- Basic computer skills, Microsoft Word, MS Excel, MS Power point, Internet and e-mail, In-page
- The candidates shall draft MS Word document and send the same as an e-mail attachment.
- The candidate shall be tested in proficiency of internet usage.