VU Pakistan Announcement for Course Selection for Spring 2015
Course Selection for Spring 2015
(Classes Commencement Date: Monday, April 27, 2015)
The Course Selection link will be available from Tuesday, April 14, 2015 (afternoon) under Student Services Tab. The students are advised to login to their respective VULMS account and select their course(s) immediately or at least before the semester commencement date. However, students may add/drop course(s) on or before May 7, 2015. Failing to enroll any course(s) by the last date, such students will be treated as “INACTIVE STUDENT” in Spring 2015 semester and fine will also be imposed under “Semester Freeze Rules 2012”.
- Existing students may Select/Add/Drop/Replace course(s) by themselves through “Student Services, Course Selection link”.
- Newly admitted students, enrolled in the 1st semester of their respective study program, are given pre-selected courses. However, they have an option to reduce course load by dropping course(s) using above mentioned course selection link. (Note: Although, this practice will increase the duration and the cost of the study program but it will be helpful in achieving good grades especially in case of working students).
- All existing Bachelor (2-yr), Associate Degree (2-yr), BS (4-yr) and Masters (2-yr) students’ may take up to 15-18 credit hours course work load (as per each study program’s study scheme and course selection rules published in student handbook) in a regular semester. Any student who wishes to enroll maximum 21 credit hours may be allowed by the university to take one extra course of 3 credit hours if his/her CGPA is ≥ 3.00 out of 4 as per Higher Education Commission (HEC) guidelines. However, course selection rules for MBA 1.5-Yr, 2.5-Yr & 3.5-Yr programs will remain same.
- Students are required to complete minimum residential period of their respective degree program e.g. a 2-year (4-semester) / 4-year (8-semester) degree program cannot be completed in less than its prescribed time [provided the students are allowed prescribed course(s) exemption by the concerned VU Committee wherein applicable]. Students will enroll the courses according to the program’s semester wise scheme of studies by following course prerequisite rules.
- Students’ with blocked VULMS (due to non-payment of fee or any other reason) are not allowed to make their course selection/ semester enrolment unless they deposit their outstanding dues and get their accounts active from Accounts Department.
- No course(s) Add/Drop/Replace request will be entertained after May 7, 2015. In case a student fails to appear in Final Term examination of course(s), s/he will be treated as ‘F (Absent)’ just like dropped course(s) but no fee will be refunded/ adjusted.
- Fee voucher once issued will not be re-issued, upon dropping a course(s).
- Request of student to relax/waive off any given assignment/ quiz will not be entertained/ accepted upon change of course(s) under any circumstances.
- To apply for VU scholarships, the eligibility criteria also includes selecting and qualifying courses according to prescribed semester wise scheme of studies of program and deposit of the University dues.
- Students are required to enroll ‘F’ or ‘D’ grade course(s) on priority basis whereas maximum credit hours limit for a semester must be followed , if any[except MSBA / MBA (Equivalent to MS) & MSCS, wherein ‘F’, ‘D’, ‘C’ and ‘B-‘ grade courses can be re-enrolled for improvement ].
- In any of the subsequent semester(s) a student may repeat once, those course(s) of the previous semester(s) in which s/he had secured the lowest grade i.e. ‘D’ only once before completion of entire course work program. However, a student is not allowed to improve ‘D’ grade of a deficiency course qualified. Any improved grade will substitute ‘F’ and ‘D’ grades of the previous semester while calculating CGPA.
- A student, who fails to achieve the required CGPA for award of diploma/degree, upon the completion of entire prescribed course work program, may be allowed to repeat, once the course(s) of the previous semesters in which s/he had obtained the low grade (i.e. ‘C’ or ‘D’) in order to achieve the minimum CGPA required for the award of diploma/degree, failing which s/he shall cease to be on the rolls of the University.
- Specialization certificate students’ are not allowed to improve ‘D’ grade course(s).
- The existing MBA (2-year) program students are encouraged to complete their degree program within Spring 2015 semester because Higher Education Commission (HEC) has revised Business Studies Roadmap and said program has been discontinued.
- Students are instructed to follow strictly the rules and procedure published in the Student Handbook available on VULMS.
I hereby acknowledge that I have completely read and understood the above rules including semester enrollment, course selection etc. I understand that I shall be responsible for the consequence and thus promise to abide by the University rules framed out from time to time.
Note: Students having issues or seeking guidance regarding course selection may e-mail to email@example.com whereas MSCS program students are required to email at firstname.lastname@example.org