Khazar University International Scholarship Program 2015-2016
015-2016 Khazar University International Scholarship Program
Deadline for Applications: May 15, 2015
I. Program Statement
Khazar University is the first private University in the South Caucasus that started implementing international education programs with English language as a medium of instruction. Pursuant to its policy and service commitments the University is proud to announce the Khazar University International Scholarship Program for 2015-2016 (further referred to as KUISP) extended to nationals of all countries without any limitation.
II. General Principles
The guiding principles of the program are as follows:
– All foreign citizens are eligible for the Khazar University Scholarship Program further referred to as KUISP.
– KUISP is available for potential students of all four schools of the University.
– As the School of Education conducts its courses in the Azerbaijani language, the scholarships for enrollment in that school are designated for applicants with sufficient Azerbaijani-Turkish language skills (native Azerbaijani speakers who are citizens of foreign countries; citizens of Turkey and Iran).
– Applicants to bachelor, master and PhD programs are eligible to apply for KUISP.
– Every year two scholarships, each covering the cost of the full tuition fee, will be awarded to citizens of each country who apply to Khazar University programs.
– The scholarship is provided for one year subject to prolongation based on the academic performance of the grantee.
– The scholarship covers the cost of the tuition fee for the whole program term, but does not cover living and travel expenses.
– Khazar University conducts evaluation and the selection of submitted applications via document screening and Skype interviews with shortlisted applicants. The details and the time frame of the selection are specified in the KUISP time schedule (Section IV below).
III. Eligibility Criteria
The successful applicants should meet the following criteria:
– Good academic performance records of the previous education stage (high school, bachelor or master programs)
– Good English language skill. Standardized English language test scores are not compulsory. However, the applicants with standardized scores (valid TOEFL/IELTS scores: expired scores are not accepted) will have competitive advantage. Holders of International Bachelor degree certificates or diplomas from a high school with English as a major medium of instruction do not need a language skill justification document.
– Motivated to study at Khazar University.
– Good communication skills and sociability
IV. The Time Schedule of Application and Selection
KUISP is implemented according to an annually developed and approved implementation plan. Implementation activities, the time scheme and implementing bodies are specified in the table below:
|Announcement of the KUISP||January 26, 2015||Announcement will be placed on Khazar’s website, International Office’s Facebook page, websites of partner universities abroad.|
|Deadline for applications||May 15, 2015||Applications could be submitted by e-mail (all required documents should be scanned) or post.|
|Evaluation and selection||June, 2015||The Selection Committee established by the University and facilitated by the International Office staff will decide about scholarship awards. Skype Interviews will be conducted with shortlisted applicants.|
|Announcement of selection results||End of June, 2015||The selection results will be posted on the website, communicated by e-mail to applicants and partner organizations (Embassies and Universities)|
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for applications is May 15, 2015
To apply for the KUISP Scholarship, applicants need to fill in and submit:
- Khazar University Application for Admission Form for the selected level of study (Bachelor, Master or PhD) along with all required documents listed in the application form
- KUISP Application Form
Download Application Forms:
Completed applications should be sent to the International Affairs Office by email or post.
(Please indicate KUISP in the subject line and send your completed KUISP application along with Khazar University Application for Admission Form and all required documents)
International Affairs Office
11 Mehseti Street,
Baku, AZ1096, Azerbaijan
VII. Contact Information
For any questions about the KUISP contact International Affairs Office:
41 Mehseti Street Baku, AZ1096, Azerbaijan
Tel.: (+994 12) 421 79 16 (extension 240)
Fax: (+994 12) 498 93 79