Global Alliance scholarships Switzerland 2016
Global Alliance scholarships
Through the strategic partnership with the USI Università della Svizzera italiana, the Global Alliance each year provides a limited number of scholarships to the EMScom Executive Master of Science in Communications Management’s applicants living and working outside of Switzerland. With this initiative, the Global Alliance intends to strengthen the collaboration among international public relations and communication professionals, constantly advancing day-to-day practice and developing academic networks. Find out more on how to apply for the GA scholarships.
The scholarships are part of the Global Alliance’s commitment to educational programs which support its institutional goals. “As communication becomes an increasingly global profession, the Global Alliance aims to support promising communicators who seek both international education and a global network” said Anne Gregory, Chair of the Global Alliance. “Serving the strategic goals of the Global Alliance, the scholarship enables a limited number of participants to benefit from USI Università della Svizzera italiana’s renowned international Executive Master of Science in Communications Management and its multinational faculty. We hope these scholars will help us advance the communications profession.”
The EMScom Executive Master of Science in Communications Management is an intensive part-time program designed for experienced communication professionals based in Lugano, Switzerland. The program cooperates with the UCLA Anderson School of Management and is held in conjunction with SMU Singapore Management University giving participants a unique opportunity to study side by side with Asian colleagues. EMScom’s professors are recognized experts at leading universities around the world. Sessions take place every other month and are easily combined with the demands of a career. The next edition of the EMScom program will be launched in March 2016.
Campuses USI (Lugano), Singapore Management University (Singapore), UCLA (Los Angeles)
Next cohort March 2016 – September 2017 with 9 residentials
Age range 30-55 years
Degree EMSc in Communications Management (60 ECTS)
GA Scholarship application form
How to apply for the Global Alliance scholarships
The Global Alliance scholarship covers 50 percent of the total tuition fee of the EMScom Executive Master of Science in Communications Management.
The GA scholarships, based on financial need, are available to applicants who do not receive employer assistance in funding their executive education. Candidates have to:
- Have a minimum of five years of work experience
- Work in a communication-related department
- Be fully self- funding their EMScom education
- Live and work outside of Switzerland
Scholarship application deadline
January 31, 2016
How to apply
To proceed with the GA scholarship application, please follow these three steps:
1) Download the application package on the EMScom website and send the documents duly filled and signed to email@example.com no later than February 15, 2016. The EMScom management team will contact the candidate for an interview. The EMScom program works on a rolling admission policy, so please make sure that you are admitted to the EMScom (non-binding) before February 15, 2016.
2) Fill in the GA scholarship application form below and send it electronically and in hard copy to the Global Alliance by January 31, 2016 at the latest. The candidate might be convoked for an interview by one of the Global Alliance Board members.
Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management
c/o USI Università della Svizzera italiana
Via Giuseppe Buffi 13
3) The final decision concerning the GA scholarship will be communicated to the candidate by February 6, 2016. The candidate has five working days to decide whether he/she accepts the scholarship.