Aichi Scholarship Program
The Aichi Prefectural Government extends scholarships to graduate level students from Asian countries who are nominated by the universities in Aichi.
(1)Number of Students:10 students each year
(2)Period of Scholarship:6 months (as a research student) and 2 years (as a master’s course student)
(3)What We Provide:
Living allowance(150,000 yen per month)
Travel expenses to Japan
School expenses (entrance examination fees, entrance fees and tuition for both research and graduate study)
*What we provide and the amount of money are subject to the prefectural government’s budget.
(4)Terms & Conditions:
- Citizenship: Applicants must hold citizenship of, and currently reside in, one of the following Asian countries:Bangladesh, Bhutan,Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam.
- Age: Applicants must be under 35 years old of age as of April 1, 2014.
- Academic Degree: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent thereof.
- Field of Study: Applicants must study a subject recognized as pertinent to the support Aichi’s manufacturing industry.
- Japenese Language Ability: Applicants must have a fairly good command of the Japanese language to study and seek employment in Aichi, or have the prospect of obtaining sufficient language ability.
- Post-Scholarship Employment: Applicants must have the intention to seek employment at a company that has its headquarters or a branch office located within Aichi (whether or not work placement should fall in Japan).
- Internships: During their course of study, applicants must participate in an internship program offerd by companies introduced by the Aichi Prefecturl Government or another organization.
- School: Applicants must intend to study at a graduate school in Aichi.
- Recommendation: Applicants must have a letter of recommendation from their intended place of study.
(5)Selection:The governor selects the scholarship recipients from among applicants recommended by the Aichi Scholarship Program Selection Committee.
(6)Application:Applicants must apply through graduate schools located in Aichi.
*Please find the attached the Outline of the Aichi Scholarship Program 2015 (pdf) for the details.
2 Rough Schedule
|March-May||Applicants apply through graduate schools located in Aichi Prefecture.|
|June-July||The governor selects the scholarship recipients from among applicants recommended by the Aichi Scholarship Program Selection Committee. The selection results will be announced to the applicants through the recommending universities.|
|October||Aichi Scholarship students come to Japan and start studying at the recommending universities as research students.|
the following year
|Aichi Scholarship students enroll in master’s course. (In case an applicant should fail the entrance examination, he/she would leave Japan).|
|Aichi Scholarship students participate in an internship program.|
2 years from enrollment
|Aichi Scholarship students complete their studies and start working at an Aichi-related company.|
We hold regular meetings in June, September, December, and February at the Aichi Prefectural Government office.
At the one of the meetings, we are going to visit industrial facilities in Aichi so that students will be able to deepen their understanding about Japanese companies and to encourage their intention to seek emplyment.
3 Participant Numbers (under the former program)
|A record of the past 12 years|
We have also extended scholarships to students for the Philippines and Singapore.
4 To Former Students
We hope you will maintain close ties with us and play an important role as a bridge between Aichi and your country. Please let us know your contact information or how you are doing these days by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you.