NEWCASTLE UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS 2015-16
NEWCASTLE UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS
Newcastle University offers partial scholarship awards to encourage well-qualified graduates assessed as international for fees purposes to undertake taught postgraduate study. Each award is worth £2,000 for one year payable to the student’s tuition fee account. Research postgraduates and fully funded taught postgraduates are not eligible to receive these awards. Enquiries regarding these scholarships should be sent to: email@example.com
Tel: +44 191 222 5537/8107
1. Applications for NUIPS scholarships must be made electronically on the Newcastle University International Postgraduate Scholarship (NUIPS) application form. Applicants may only apply for scholarships after they have been offered places to study their chosen Masters degree programme and have been assessed as international for fees purposes. The closing date for applications is Friday, 29th May 2015.
2. The scholarships are valued at £2,000 and will be credited to student’s tuition fee account. Part-time students will receive pro-rata awards. Each scholarship award will be tenable for the first year of study only. Students studying 2 year Masters degree programmes will receive funding for the first year of study only. Applicants will receive e-mail acknowledgement of their applications and will subsequently be notified whether their application has been successful.
3. NUIPS awards will be made to applicants who meet the following criteria:
Hold the equivalent of a first class UK honours degree and IELTS 7.0 and have an offer for a taught postgraduate degree programme within the faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (HaSS),
Hold the equivalent of a first class UK honours degree and IELTS 7.0 and have an offer for a taught postgraduate degree programme or for an MRes programme within the Faculty of Medical Sciences,
Hold the equivalent of a first class UK honours degree or an upper second class honours degree and IELTS 6.5 and have an offer for a taught postgraduate degree programme within the Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE).
4. Applicants who do not hold a first class or upper second class honours degree at the time of their scholarship application will be considered for a conditional NUIPS award based upon their final grades.
5. The University will consider each individual application on merit and also allocate scholarships based on its strategic geographical priorities.
6. Applicants should note that only the following are eligible to receive NUIPS awards:
Students who register at Newcastle University in the 2015-16 academic year.
New students registering for taught postgraduate degree (Masters) courses and MRes courses.
Students who are wholly or partially self-financing.
Nationals of, or resident in, any country, provided they are ‘international’ for fee purposes.
7. Applicants should note that the following are not eligible to receive NUIPS awards:
UK or EU students assessed as ‘home’ for fee purposes.
Doctoral (PhD) students, intercalating students or undergraduate students.
Holders of fully-funded scholarships such as Chevening Scholarships, Commonwealth Scholarships or other sponsored awards.
Current students, already registered in 2014/15, who have already begun their Masters course at the time of the award. Awards cannot be made retrospectively.
Students in receipt of certain country specific scholarships – details of which can be found on the following webapges: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/postgraduate/funding/search/list/css
8. Applicants must state on the NUIPS application whether they have applied for or have been awarded any fully-funded scholarship/sponsorship and immediately inform Student Financial Support of the award of any such award after a NUIPS application has been submitted. A fully-funded scholarship or full sponsorship covers fees and maintenance. Students breaching this regulation will have their NUIPS award suspended and the University will recover any previous payments.
9. In any academic year, students may hold only one scholarship or discount award funded, wholly or partially, by the University and administered by Student Financial Support. Students offered more than one central university award (including some Country specific scholarships) must select the one most appropriate. No retrospective change in award chosen will be permitted. School or faculty awards may be held in conjunction with central university awards.
10. The University has available a small number of £3,000 NUIPS awards. Only the most exceptional applicants awarded NUIPS awards will be selected to receive these higher value scholarships. All NUIPS award holders will be assessed automatically and there is no separate application form to complete. Recipients will be notified in July 2015. Only applicants offered NUIPS awards will be considered for these enhanced scholarships.
11. The University reserves the right to vary scholarship and discount awards and regulations at any time and at its sole discretion.
*for further details please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org