CFA Program Access Scholarships USA
CFA Program Access Scholarships provide financial support to those who may be unable to afford the full price for program enrollment and exam registration.
In collaboration with our member societies around the world, 3,000 Access Scholarships will be awarded to applicants for the 2016 exams.
The scholarship covers the one-time CFA Program enrollment fee (if applicable) and reduces the exam registration fee (includes access to the curriculum eBook) to US$250.*
Applicants must meet all CFA Program enrollment requirements.
To enroll in the CFA Program and register for your first exam, you must have:
- An international travel passport (read the ID policy) and
- One of the following:
- Undergraduate education: A bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree or be in the final year of your bachelor’s degree program (you will be required to update your education information before you can register for the Level II exam), or
- Work experience: Four years of professional work experience (does not have to be investment related), or
- A combination of professional work experience and education that totals at least four years (part-time positions do not qualify, and the four-year total must be accrued prior to enrollment).
Access Scholarships are awarded on or before 1 December, to be applied to exams in the following year. Access Scholarship recipients may apply the award to the
- June exam (Levels I, II, and III) or
- December exam (Level I only)
You must wait until scholarship notifications occur in December 2015 before you register for the 2016 June exam, or you will be ineligible for the scholarship and your application will be voided. Because scholarship notifications occur after the early exam registration deadline has passed, CFA Institute offers a US$150 credit to those applicants who do not receive an Access Scholarship but who still wish to register for the June 2016 exam. The credit is applied during the June exam registration payment and checkout process.**
- After you submit your scholarship application, you cannot make changes.
- If your financial situation changes, you may withdraw your application from consideration before 1 October of the year in which you applied.
- If you receive a scholarship and register for the exam, you must sit for that exam or you may be ineligible for future Access Scholarships.