NTS is launching a scholarship program for students in need of financial assistance enrolled at associated universities and institution.
Through this program, the students in need of financial assistance will get partial or complete waiver of tuition fees and a stipend worth Rs. 5000/- per month for two Semesters i.e. nine months in one academic year.
- Tuition Fee
NTS will pay the tuition fee of the selected student enrolled in under-graduate / graduate level program of the NTS Associated University or institution.
Every selected student will also be eligible for a stipend worth Rs. 5000/- per month for two Semesters i.e. nine months in one academic year.
- Scholarships are offered for study at undergraduate & graduate level programs in all disciplines at the NTS Associated Universities of Pakistan.
- Students need to have a valid regular admission or should enroll as a regular (full time) student in any NTS Associated University / Institution as per their admission criteria.
- It is mandatory for an applicant to attain qualifying scores in NTS tests for securing admission at a NTS Associated University / Institution i.e.
- NAT test for admission in Under-Graduate (4 Years) program.
- GAT test for securing admission in Graduate (2 Years) program as per admission policy of the University / Institution.
- Students in need of financial assistance who are already enrolled in the Associated Universities / Institutions are also eligible to apply, subject to the condition that they have passed NTS (NAT / GAT) test for admission. However, funding of the existing enrolled students will start from Fall 2014.
- The existing enrolled students will be eligible if they have scored equal or more than 2.5 GPA in the proceeding semester.
- In case of Medicine, Pharm-D (and other five year programs) funding will be made for the complete five year program.
- The eligibility of a candidate is linked to his / her financial need (keeping in view the financial background of the applicant’s family) as will be determined & assessed by the University Internal Scholarship Award Committee (UISAC).
- After selection, funding to the selectees will continue for the full program.
- In case of any drop outs, replacements will be made on eligibility / merit basis.
Disciplines will be kept open at NTS Associated Universities / Institutions of Pakistan.
How to Apply
Deserving students can obtain NTS Need-based Scholarship Application Form from the Financial Aid Office (FAO) at the NTS Associated Universities / Institutions or can download it from NTS website (www.nts.org.pk).
The complete Scholarship Form along with supporting documents is to be submitted to the relevant office of the University / Institution for further processing.
Scholarship Awarding Process
- The University Internal Scholarship Award Committee (UISAC) will process the application forms of the potential candidates. The UISAC will be responsible:
- to ensure impartiality and transparency of the process.
- for the assessment and verification of the documents.
- to provide complete application forms of the recommended applicants along with their pre-requisites to NTS.
- The UISAC will recommend potential candidates to NTS Scholarship Management Committee (NTS SMC).
- The NTS Scholarship Management Committee (SMC) will review and award the scholarships to the UISAC’s recommended applicants.
- The NTS-SMC may include;
- NTS CEO or his nominee as convener
- Additional Director Operations
- Additional Director Coordination
- Regional Head(s)
- Senior Manager Office Development
- Senior Corporate Manager
- Project Manager Scholarship Wing
- Final list of awardees will be displayed on the NTS website.
- NTS will issue a provisional award letter to the awardees and will direct them to submit a Deed of Agreement (a legal agreement between two parties) with the relevant NTS Associated University / Institution.
- The format of ‘Deed of Agreement’ will be provided to all the Awardee’s along with the provisional award letter.
- Deed of Agreement on Stamp paper worth Rs. 100/- (whole agreement) attested by notary public is to be submitted by awardees to the university / institution.
- The Associated University / Institution will provide the attested copy of the Deed of Agreement and fee invoice of the selected students to NTS.
- NTS will issue a Final Award Letter to the selectee and transfer funds as a cumulative (Tuition fee and Stipend) to the Universities / Institutions.
- Stipend will be further transferred to the students by the university / institution every month on the bases of their progress.
- Stipend will be further transferred to the students from university per month.