ABDUL WALI KHAN UNIVERSITY MARDAN Bacha Khan Overseas Scholarships
ABDUL WALI KHAN UNIVERSITY MARDAN
Bacha Khan Overseas Scholarships
In order to pay tribute to the dynamic leadership of Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan (commonly known as Bacha Khan) and to commemorate in a befitting manner his relentless efforts for the establishment of democratic homeland for Muslims of the Sub-Continent, Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan invites applications for MS/MPhil/PhD studies tenable at the prestigious universities of the world under the Bacha Khan Chair in the following subject areas:
||5. Peace & Conflict Resolution
||6. Political Science
In addition to the following basic eligibility criteria the candidates should have extensive knowledge about the Philosophy and Ideology of Bacha Khan and should be able to conduct research on the personality and life-long struggle of Bacha Khan and his associates in the Independence Movement and other related areas including Education, Politics, Culture, Social life, Economy and Peace.
BASIC ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
||The candidates must have a degree with minimum 16 years of Education with CGPA not less than 3.0 (out of 4.0) (Semester System) or 60% marks (Annual System) and should not have more than two second divisions and no third division in the academic career.
||Candidates must have a valid IELTS overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in each module or equivalent score of TOEFL Or a valid offer for admission in any of the top 300 universities of the world.
||Age limit is 35 years for fresh candidates and 50 years for Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan employees by the closing date of submission of applications.
||The candidates who are already availing any other HEC/Govt/University Scholarship are not eligible to apply.
The following documents are required to be submitted along with the prescribed application form.
1) Attested photocopies of all educational testimonials.
2) Attested photocopy of CNIC
3) Detailed CV/Resume
4) Research Proposal (around 1000 – 2000 words) that must focus on at least one of the recommended themes (Click to Download). The list of themes is available on university’s website.
5) Copy of the IELTS/ TOEFL result sheet / valid offer for admission in any of the top 300 universities of the world.
6) Original deposit slip of Rs. 1000/- in favour of Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan A/C No. 01-167-0007-8 (Allied Bank Limited Mardan Cantt 0273.) as processing fee.
1) Scholarships will be awarded on merit basis.
2) Candidates who are employed in Public Sector Institutions should apply through proper channel.
3) The candidates short listed on merit will be required to qualify the University Selection Board.
4) The selectees/awardees will have to execute a bond with the AWKUM to serve the University for at least 05 years after completion of PhD and 02 years after MS/MPhil.
5) The selected scholars will be paid tuition fee and stipend for the actual study period of MS/MPhil/PhD. In exceptional circumstances, the stipend may be extended by the Scholarship Committee with the recommendation of the supervisor through proper application.
6) Incomplete applications or applications received after the due date will not be entertained.
LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
Application forms can be obtained from the office of Director, Human Resource Development (HRD), Garden Campus, Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan. The Form can also be downloaded (Click to Download)
Printed copy of the application form, complete in all respect, should reach the office of the undersigned by Friday, January 23, 2015.
Candidates applying from overseas may apply online and interviews can be conducted through Skype in due course.
Application Form (Click to Download)
Related Posts via Categories