PU LAHORE Registration of Private Candidates for M.A. Part-I Annual Examination 2015
Day: November 5, 2014
VU MS(CS) Fall 2014 Course Selection
All MS(CS) students are required to select courses for Fall 2014 semester from the following list of offered courses and email their selected courses at email@example.com till November 05, 2014. Students may add/drop course(s) on or before November 12, 2014.
|Fall 2014 Semester Courses|
|Course Code||Course Title||Pre-requisite||Credit Hours||Specialization|
|CS701||Theory of Computation||CS402
|CS702||Advanced Algorithms Analysis and Design||CS301
|CS710||Mobile and Pervasive Computing||CS610||3||Computer Networks|
|CS718||Wireless Networks||CS610||3||Computer Networks|
|CS723||Probability and Stochastic Process||MTH101
|CS706||Software Quality Assurance||CS504||3||Software Engineering|
|CS709||Formal Methods for Software Engineering||CS504
|CS713||Object Oriented DBMS||CS403
- In order to fulfill MS(CS) degree requirements, a student is required to pass all the four core/requisite courses, at least three courses from his/her selected area of specialization, and
- With-thesis option: complete his/her research thesis (six credit hours) and possibly one course from any specialization area.
- Course-work-only option: remaining courses from any specialization area(s).
- A student can enroll in an MS level course only if he/she has passed all pre-requisites for that particular course.
- The credit hour limits are as below:
- For each of the first three semesters, maximum three MS level courses (nine credit hours) are allowed.
- For the fourth and any subsequent semester(s), maximum four MS level courses (12 credit hours) are allowed.
iii. There is no limit on the maximum pre-requisite courses in a semester.
- A student may attempt to improve a ‘C’ or ‘D’ grade in a course at most once.
- A student is eligible for the merit list of thesis if he/she has completed seven MS level courses (21 credit hours) with CGPA ≥ 2.75.