National University of Modern Languages, Islamabad Postgraduates Study Scholarships
National University of Modern Languages
POST GRADUATE STUDIES – SCHOLARSHIPS FOR FACULTY DEVELOPMENT
NUML offers local scholarships in the disciplines of English, Computer / IT, Education, Economics, IR, Islamic Studies, Management Sciences, Mass Communications, Governance and Public Policy, Engineering (Software and Telecom), Peace & Conflict Studies for higher studies ( PhD) during financial year 2013 – 14. Award of scholarship is subject to following:-
a. Depending on the vacancies the candidates will undergo their Post Graduate studies preferably at NUML.
b. After completion of studies first preference of employment will remain NUML.
( 3 years)
a. MPhil degree with research (18 years of education) in relevant discipline from HEC recognized University with at least 3.0 out of 4.0 CGPA.
b. No 3rd division in entire career.
c. Not less than 50% marks in entire academic career and not less than 2.0 and 2.8 CGPA out of 4 and 5 respectively in entire academic career
d. Valid GRE International / NTS devised / University devised GAT-Subject tests with score as per HEC policy at the time of admission
e. Qualifying NUML’s entrance-subject Test with at least 50% marks.
f. Research Proposal to be enclosed with admission form.
g. Applicants must be Pakistani and AJ&K nationals
NOTE: All applications will be scrutinized as per HECs checklists, basic eligibility criteria and specific criteria as per NUML requirements. All HEC conditions not mentioned above for indigenous scholarship will apply.
Last date for receipt of application forms and supporting documents along with GRE International / GAT score is mandatory by post is 10th Dec 2013 and by hand is 12th Dec 2013.
1. Candidates already availing HEC, University /DAI, Departments or any other scholarships are not eligible. Maximum age is 35 years and relax able to 40 year for regular employees of Public Sector Universities / DAIs and R&D institutions at the time of closing date.
2. Awardees will have to serve in the institution for at-least 5 years after completion of the studies.
3. A bond will have to be provided by the recipients of scholarship for following the terms and conditions of the award.
4. Employees of government, semi-government and autonomous bodies should send the applications through proper channel accompanied by NOC.
5. Final selection will be according to number of scholarships available, GAT test score, academic record, test and interview by university scholarship management committee and further appointment as lecturer in NUML.
6. It is the responsibility of applicants to secure admissions in the universities (as mentioned above) and provide evidence for further approval.
7. Prospectus & Admission form is available for Rs. 800/- by hand from main campus and can also be down loaded from NUML web site www.numl.edu.pk. The same may be submitted to Main Campus, Academics Branch with bank draft of Rs. 1,000/- in the name of Rector NUML.
8. The University will not be obliged to offer scholarship in a program due to any constraint.
9. Entrance Test for PhDs will be held on 18th December 2013 at 1500 hrs.
NOTE: Advertisement published on 24th November 2013 in daily Jang may be
considered to be revised with this advertisement. DIRECTOR ACADEMICS: Tel: 9257677, PABX 9257646-50, Ext # 319, 228, 259, 243 & 308